Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Gritt is back ...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Steve Brown has been named as the new manager of Ebbsfleet United, under the watchful eye of the great, the one and only, escapologist extrordinaire, STEVE GRITT.

The beauty is that as well as the Amex, I am a regular down at Stonebridge Road after the "support your local team" gene was passed to my son, and he chose Ebbsfleet as his no.1 club.

Sad to see Liam Daish go, especially as this is the off-season when the shackles of MyFC have finally been thrown off, but having lost Liam, I couldn't have been happier than to see the great man walk in through the doors.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Did the MyFc thing not work then?

It sounded a bonkers idea in the first place.

WHo owns the club now?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I have an Ebbsfleet mad colleague at work so I'm looking forward to hearing all about The real Special One's progress this season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Did the MyFc thing not work then?

It sounded a bonkers idea in the first place.

WHo owns the club now?

No it didn't. Short-term it provided an injection of cash, but the scheme was so badly flawed it was bound to suffer from a dramatic loss of interest when everyone suddenly realised it was completely bonkers.

Decisions just took FOREVER to be made, and just teh very principle of a club being run by keyboard warriors .... just take 5 mins and try to imagine NSC running the Albion.

Sadly, those who remained by the end had been in it for the long haul and had tried REALLY hard to make it work. That unfortunately meant they were too reluctant to let go, and the sale to KEH needed to happen a year ago. Money had run out, and at times, the budget Daish was left to work with was pitiful. Ironically, now new owners are in and talking about a competitive budget once more, Daish let by mutual consent.

Time for the Grittmeister!!!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I have an Ebbsfleet mad colleague at work so I'm looking forward to hearing all about The real Special One's progress this season.

Marvellous. That's good to hear. Does he get to Stonebridge Road much?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've been to Ebbsfleet (Gravesend as it was called then) to watch Barnet and it is one of the grimmest places I've ever been to. Maybe it was to do with the gloomy, grey skies on a miserable December afternoon but it looked like a run-down former Eastern bloc country.

No offence, Gritt23. Hope they get promoted next season. :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Would love to get along to a game and ask him to sign my more than 90minutes!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
He’s got no hair but we don’t care!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here