Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 4 best or well known Public Image Ltd songs ???

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Went to see them in Manchester last as missed them the first time round and the show was ace. They were so so at V Festival later in the year but that place is just horrible so probably tainted it for me.

Going again this Saturday and can't wait. The band are superb and yes Ian Brown sometimes struggles but I will have my Roses tinted glasses on again so I won't notice!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Good question. I turned down tickets off a tout outside the Brighton Centre in 95(?). Regretted it ever since and decided that I had to tick them off.

I'd wager you had a lucky escape. Notoriously poor live band plays notoriously poor venue. Having said that, most people I've spoken to about the reunion shows enjoyed them a lot.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Rise, Careering, Ease and Open Up if they play it.

But that's just my opinion :thumbsup:

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Religion, Annalisa & Death disco.

No doubt he will throw in the 'hits' , Rise, Flowers of romance, this is not a love song. How anyone could swerve PIL is beyond me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where can I see this film?
I am aware there was some sort of premiere simulcast last week but can't find anywhere showing it from the "release" date of 5th June.
If it's not in multiplex's by this weekend try the Duke of Yorks.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Good question. I turned down tickets off a tout outside the Brighton Centre in 95(?). Regretted it ever since and decided that I had to tick them off.

I'd wager you had a lucky escape. Notoriously poor live band plays notoriously poor venue. Having said that, most people I've spoken to about the reunion shows enjoyed them a lot.

I didn't buy a ticket for that gig in 1995, but regretted it then...so I succumbed and bought a ticket from a tout - £20 as I recall. I wasn't expecting much, but they were brilliant. A truly great gig. I've seen Ian Brown since, a couple of times, once he was ok, once he was crap. I'm going to see the Stone Roses on Friday, so won't see PIL...

I saw PIL last year -they were, as usual, fantastic. John Lydon has stage presence which is second to none, and they have a fantastic back catalogue. The new stuff was great too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Back in the day The Flowers Of Romance was played constantly in the six form at lunch times.
A great song as is Death Disco and Public Image.

'I've got binoculars. On top of Boxhill'

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I like Shane Meadows films but this one does not appeal in the slightest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here