Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone watch the Les Dawson Tv special last night?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Very funny man and in parts a fitting tribute to the comedy legend, wasn't too sure about the hologram part, a little bit creepy. Smacked of ITV trying almost shock tactics to get viewers.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I didn't think the hologram was creepy at all, I felt it was a decent attempt at recreating his act, nothing of course could come close to the real thing but I don't think it was shock tactics. I think the technology behind it is a stunning achievement.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Probably looked great in the theatre, but very odd and unrealistic on television especially the last part.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
If anyone's seen the live version of 'War of the Worlds' they'll be familiar with the sort of technology that brought LD back to life last night. I thought it slightly surreal. A bit like a computer game.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The hologram concept was terrible. Noticed the camera avoided any close up. The whole thing made me cringe.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In order to save money after we fugged up on the £120m windfall that CPFC got their filthy paws on instead, Bloom is looking to save the pennies by using holograms of Gustavo Poyet and Tanno at the Amex next season. A mixed selection of Poyet's back catalogue will be utilised, although his non appearance during BHA 0 CPFC 2 has been erased from the databank. Tanno's projection will not change throughout the 90 minutes, and will consist of him sitting on his arse in a black puffa jacket with his arms tightly folded across his chest, chin buried in aforementioned puffa jacket and an "I'd rather be in Italy" thought bubble hovering above his head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here