Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Don't You Support England?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The fact that he changed his story before the courts suggests he is a crook.

Oh and he cheated on his missus, multiple times, too.

Genuine wanker.

But Cheryl Cole appears, to me, to be a really horrible person. So I can't see that cheating on her makes him a bad person.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Funny thing is, attendances at Wembley matches are higher than ever. (Helped by daytrippers, admittedly)

In the past, I've been to see several Eng friendlies with crowds of 30k or so.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No interest in England national teams, whether that's football, cricket , rugby or whatever. Grown men doing the whole Barmy Army twelve pints of lager thing with cricket is a bit tragic imho.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Funny thing is, attendances at Wembley matches are higher than ever. (Helped by daytrippers, admittedly)

In the past, I've been to see several Eng friendlies with crowds of 30k or so.

I saw England play East Germany in about 1984 or 85 and the crowd was about 23,000. I was working in North London that day and just decided on the spur of the moment to attend - as you could with football in those days. Also it's often forgotten that for England's opening 1966 World Cup fixture (against Uruguay) the crowd was about 12,000 below capacity!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The end of that tournament should've been a watershed for England, the opportunity to get rid of the old guard who take their places for granted and to bring in a fresh hungry group. Wankers like Ferdinand shouldn't be bleating to the press when they're dropped, they should knuckle down and fight for a place.Retiring from international football? Bollocks, when fit a player should ALWAYS be available. We need a manager with the balls to knock the ego's sideways, make them realise it's the ultimate honour to be picked by your country for ANYTHING. It's not a right because you're a so called big name and anyone that thinks it is should be shown the door. Playing for England should be all about desire, not an opportunity to ratchet up your profile for your advertising endorsements.

Agreed. If I was England manager the first thing I'd do would be to hold a press conference saying that anybody who reports that they are injured for England but then plays for their club 3 days later will be instantly DROPPED and excluded from the possibility of being selected again. I don't care who it is. Gerrard, Rooney or the next English Lionel Messi. If you drop in a sick note for even the most pointless friendly, and I see you up and running for your club not long after, you are DROPPED. FOREVER.

Once I've made this clear in no uncertain terms then we'll find out who really cares about playing for England.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
None of that makes him a horrible person.

Changing a story in a court (prefer not to use the word lie), cheating on his wife, arrogance about money in my mind does make you "horrible." I live my life by different values.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But Cheryl Cole appears, to me, to be a really horrible person. So I can't see that cheating on her makes him a bad person.

This statement makes you a dim person though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Agreed. If I was England manager the first thing I'd do would be to hold a press conference saying that anybody who reports that they are injured for England but then plays for their club 3 days later will be instantly DROPPED and excluded from the possibility of being selected again. I don't care who it is. Gerrard, Rooney or the next English Lionel Messi. If you drop in a sick note for even the most pointless friendly, and I see you up and running for your club not long after, you are DROPPED. FOREVER.

Once I've made this clear in no uncertain terms then we'll find out who really cares about playing for England.

All very well, but what if a player is genuinely sick? No-one wants a person around who is decorating the place with multicoloured yawns.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
All very well, but what if a player is genuinely sick? No-one wants a person around who is decorating the place with multicoloured yawns.

I'm not saying you can't call in sick. I'm saying that IF you call in sick for England, and you have a club game WITHIN A WEEK of the England game, then you must declare yourself unavailable for that game too if you want to be considered for future England call ups. If your next club game is a FULL WEEK after the England game (eg the following Saturday). I will expect a written report about your quick recovery with a letter from the doctor and we'll meet to have a quiet chat in the office about your England future.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
It's funny looking back at my rant about English prima donnas calling in sick for their country and then playing for their club. Many of the members of the England team now are just bench warmers at their clubs and NEED the England games just to give themselves some game time! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's funny looking back at my rant about English prima donnas calling in sick for their country and then playing for their club. Many of the members of the England team now are just bench warmers at their clubs and NEED the England games just to give themselves some game time! :lolol:

I dread to think what I contributed to this thread, so I’m not going to look.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably a dig at Paul Barber and a photo of the 1901 meal of the day ��

At least I’m consistent I guess?

(read unimaginative and predictable)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
At least I’m consistent I guess?

(read unimaginative and predictable)

Having initiated one of the longest running and best threads on NSC, the Official Running Thread, without mention of PB and 1901 food, you are forgiven. As would Iggle piggle for the Bell Cheese thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here