Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex take on Nottinghamshire in County Championship Division One at hove

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And another, 84-5, the Sussex buffet car is now open. Help yourself, Salmon Pate, whoops, I mean Samit Patel....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Chris Read is the sort of batsman wicket keeper that Matt Prior can only dream of being.

Sadly he passed the port the wrong way at an MCC Dinner a few years ago and has been blackballed by the Selectors ever since. :nono:

Sadly he passed the port the wrong way at an MCC Dinner a few years ago and has been blackballed by the Selectors ever since. :nono:

Or may have had something to do with him storming back on to the pitch after he'd been given out and bad-mouthing Mushy at Hove a few years back. Cheating P**i B*****d was the phrase I heard.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ton up Notts. The only surprise is it's taken them 41 overs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I haven't mentioned this before but I feel cruelly robbed. Had Notts Kiwi all-rounder Andre Adams been fit for this match we might have had the ultimate tabloid 'love triangle' dismissal:

Jordan c. Reid b. Andre

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I haven't mentioned this before but I feel cruelly robbed. Had Notts Kiwi all-rounder Andre Adams been fit for this match we might have had the ultimate tabloid 'love triangle' dismissal:

Jordan c. Reid b. Andre

:bowdown:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hang on - is this the same Chris Read that tried to head away a Yorker when playing for England? He's a batting god - we have no chance.

Is it the same Chris Read at Lords against New Zealand, who " lost one " in the air and jumped up and was bowled under his legs ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I remember the "bouncer" Read ducked under that was nothing more than a looping full toss which clattered into his stumps as he was cowering. Face like Wayne Rooney's "slightly more intelligent but still thick as sh1t" older brother.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With 11 off his last over Jordan needs to get a grip. Another 20 minutes of batting and Notts could be out of sight.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Patel tucking in to another boundary, he certainly is an all round player....

I think he enjoys being paired with Franks although, to be fair, he'd be just as happy with Chipolatas, Wursts or any other kind of banger you'd care to offer him.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
12 runs off the over and Patel gets his fifty.

Notts now imposing themselves on the plucky underdogs, it has taken a while but class will out...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
not enjoying this anymore, 55 off of the last 10 overs FFS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here