Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope the pies are better next season

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Almost always have the chicken ones and only difference I could ascertain from the early days is that there is now more sauce in them. Which is a definite improvement.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
In the logical progression of packaging regression I'm expecting them to be served naked on a thin piece of two-ply toilet paper, you know - the type that your finger always pokes through and ends up up your bum, next season.

You could buy thicker paper, if you really wanted to.......

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Pies aren't as good now, the top is very crunchy and not so much filling, although still better than most grounds and I do like the way they have different "special" pies each week.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They need to be a more moist. Otherwise I have no complaints.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
the pies are generally pretty dry. although they are alright, I dont think they are great.

Perfectly nice to wash down with a pint or two on a match day, but nothing special as many claim they are.

and without a doubt got worse quailty wise.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The veggie curry pies were superb. Far superior to anything I have been served at football ground. Only complaint re pies is the availability.

I'm surprised no-one has questioned how much they (and other items) will go up in price?

Will they try and do the same as last season with an above inflation price rise which conveniently 'forgets' how much they were the previous season. If they hit the £4 plus barrier even with the cash back, will it dissuade more people from par taking? My consumption last season was much lower and they need to be careful what they decide.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
The veggie curry pies were superb. Far superior to anything I have been served at football ground. Only complaint re pies is the availability.

Agree with this -- they are really good.
No complaints about the quality of the pies. Although on two occasions I've been served a pie, which had different contents than were marked on the bag/box. Still nice though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The pies are great, in particular the chilli one.

It's a shame the burgers are now so poor, as at the start they were pretty good.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I went to a handful of games in each of the 2 seasons at the Amex. The one thing I looked forward to during the 1st year was a chicken pie. But this season just gone they weren't anywhere near as good. Bloom out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about a pasty?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
to be honest the OP has a point, the quality did go down towards the end of the season to the point the game against Palace both myself and my my mate, only ate half before binning. standards needs to be raised again as I feel complancency has creeped in.

Oct 25, 2003
even at their worst the pies at the amex are streets ahead of any other football ground in the country

what i feel needs to be addressed is the lack of options for people who simply aren't keen on pies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here