Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope the pies are better next season

cyberleech

May 21, 2013
They were great in 2011-12, but the last one I had tasted of cardboard with brown napalm inside. Have we swapped the suppliers?

They were a mixed bag last season. The chilli and lamb hotpot ones were stupendous, the steak'n'ale and chicken and ham hit and miss, and the less said about that chorizo one the better. Having said that they were all still better than any pie I've had at any other ground.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
*NSC page 1

DO NOT slate the pies, as it irks a few on here :thumbsup:

Think Samuel L. Jackson soliloquy in Pulp Fiction

'I will strike down with great vengeance...' etc.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
They were great in 2011-12, but the last one I had tasted of cardboard with brown napalm inside. Have we swapped the suppliers?

I was sure the pies (although still of a good quality) took a backwards step in the 2nd season at the Amex. The Large one is adamant they are still of the original standard & I'm sure he'll air that view in due course

Love the Balti. The ham & chicken defo hit & miss

The pies are really not that good, distinctly average to be honest.

They may well be better than most football stadium pies but if the day ever comes when I start benchmarking "quality" food against what is served up in football stadiums I will know I have lost my sense of taste.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The only one I tried was the breakfast pie which was delicious.

Jimmy Grimble

The balti pie definitely regressed in quality

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only had 1 last season a Steak and Ale pie which was Ok nothing special, I have had better, and I think that it was overpriced but thousand disagree with me so I just dont buy them very often.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
The best one I had was the beef one with mushy peas. Closely followed by chicken, ham and leek from the first season at the Amex - the leeks seem to have done a vanishing act since then.

tylerlench

Mar 7, 2013
Maresfield
the chicken and ham pies I tried tasted good and you could buy one before the game and it would still be boiling hot at half time

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here