Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nose piercing

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
My 13 year old step daughter wants her nose pierced. I am doing everything I can to stop her from doing it. Not because I don't like them (because actually I think they look ok) but because I think she's too young and will regret it. She thinks I am just a old timer without a clue. She's not having it done anyway but - what do you all think? I would like to give her opinions that are not mine - they might prove that I am out of touch, or they might help her to see my point of view. Thanks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Junior had his ear pierced around then and now he has his tongue pierced although I am not sure he still has - he was a lot older when he got that done.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My 13 year old step daughter wants her nose pierced. I am doing everything I can to stop her from doing it. Not because I don't like them (because actually I think they look ok) but because I think she's too young and will regret it. She thinks I am just a old timer without a clue. She's not having it done anyway but - what do you all think? I would like to give her opinions that are not mine - they might prove that I am out of touch, or they might help her to see my point of view. Thanks

If she regrets it, just take it out. No big deal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It will heel quickly if she does regret it simply by taking it out for a few weeks. Don't be a spoil sport

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just say no.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It can be the slippery slope towards becoming a full on chav. The belly button will have to be next in a years time after this. The standard plea being " But all my classmates have got them ? "

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Let her get her nose pierced.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Let her get it done the piercing will be sitting in a box in her room in a years time and the hole will heal up. Just make sure she earns the money to pay for it or at least half of the piercing.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
When she blows her nose, won't it come out sideways? :sick:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Presumably the school won't let her wear one anyway. The hole will heal up quickly but it could be a slippery slope towards endless other facial piercings. If you do allow it, it's worth forking out on going to a proper salon, else you might find she has done it anyway with a bag of frozen peas.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Presumably the school won't let her wear one anyway. The hole will heal up quickly but it could be a slippery slope towards endless other facial piercings. If you do allow it, it's worth forking out on going to a proper salon, else you might find she has done it anyway with a bag of frozen peas.

Ah ! now it makes sense, I tried to pierce my own nose with a bag of frozen Carrots.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Anti

1 Looks like a zit
2 Research shows that the most attractive faces are symmetrical, so two are probably better than one.

Pro

1 Not as bad as one of those eye brow jobs.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I got my nose pierced professionally when I was 18. That one hurt and I still have a small scar on the outer in bright light. I kept getting zits on my nose because I was touching the gold piercing a lot but antiseptic was useful. It took months for the hole to close up. Looking back, I must have looked a nutter to avoid with my head shaved as well.

Difficult to know what to advise, Slippery Seagull. If it's peer pressure then she might get it done anyway without saying anything and taking out the piercing when she gets home everytime. I don't know. Tell her again how you feel if the issue arises. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
With my sister it all began with a nose piercing, then it was an ear piercing...followed by about 10 more, then went the belly button, then the first tattoo which led to more until now she has turned her body into a bloody canvas! Her choice I know but still.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here