Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti Virus Software

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Been using Kaspersky for the last two years, which you can get free if you online bank with Barclays.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
You do not need to pay for anti-virus (unless you're some sort of network administrator). Honestly get Microsoft Security Essentials, it is free but a surprisingly decent bit of software given that it was made by Microsoft, and uses less memory than a lot of other alternatives. I find it more reliable than the other popular suggestions, such as Avast or AVG, both of which I have used.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never buy. There's no need.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Buy it from new as opposed to renewing your existing protection. You will find it is about half the cost if you do it this way....Check the quotes on the internet first.

I currently use Norton Anti Virus, which is about to expire. I am getting prompts to re subscribe.
My question is , is this worth renewing again to Norton or does any one have any better suggestions as to a cheaper but equally good Virus protection. I run Windows 8.

Thanks

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another vote for AVG free edition here. Never had a problem. Mind you, I still have Vista on this laptop.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Paying for Virus protection is not worth it, as has been mentioned (norton in particular) is a huge drain on the computers resources and slows them down. Buying them is a good way to waste a fortune.

Im also on the AVG bandwagon it is a safe bet and will do a better job than Norton or McAfee.

mattpenfold

Sep 17, 2011
If you go to an online retailer such as Ebuyer you can get an OEM version of Norton for much less than buying it at either renewal prices, or PC World prices. They normally have three or four security packages available as OEM, and pretty much any of them will do a good job.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
I use Norton on all my machines. Currently my wife and I use 4 machines. Bearing in mind I want all my operating system and utilities in English I get my renewal from Ireland. This is for two reasons, I can pay in euros and also I can also get a 3 year renewal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here