Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off Final Plastics.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Mate, Brighton Mr Bloom has borrowed nothing, not a penny. He has paid for the ground and training ground. He then converts that debt into shares when he sees fit. Its not a debt to third parties and nobody but nobody is left out of pocket. Attendances do matter. There is a reason why nowadays its the better supported clubs who will settle higher up the pyramid, especially when Financial Fair Play comes in to stop you lot pulling the same trick on another set of creditors.

Except our loses are already FFP compliant and yours aren't... despite the crowds. I hope they don't tail off for you.

Just a thought, Simon Jordan didn't owe anything to third parties until his own wealth dried up and he didn't throw 130 million plus at the club.

Feb 14, 2010
I can only assume you are referring to the Charity Shield?? Yes mate, that's a major trophy isn't it :laugh:

When you have learnt that football didnt start with Ian Wright then you might want to read the history of the Charity Shield, but other than that, I wont give you a clue as those who self teach themselves generally learn it better. Now were you a part of the 4000 in the early 80s at Selhurst or the 14000 when you finished 3rd in the top flight or are you a groupon, free ticket plastic palace fan who has no doubt decided to have a day trip to Wembley?

Feb 14, 2010
Except our loses are already FFP compliant and yours aren't... despite the crowds. I hope they don't tail off for you.

Just a thought, Simon Jordan didn't owe anything to third parties until his own wealth dried up and he didn't throw 130 million plus at the club.

I recall Palace failed to pay many creditors, including St Johns Ambulance before the palace fans did the decent thing. Well mate as its only 2 seasons since you came out of insolvency (and somehow kept a multi million pound asset in Zaha) then Im not surprised. Lets give it 5 years if you dont go up tho shall we? Bottom line is that if you can only get 14000 to pay and then get a few thousand in for free then you will have less money to spend on players than clubs like Brighton who can get 30,000 for Wolves in the second division (sorry Championship)

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
When you have learnt that football didnt start with Ian Wright then you might want to read the history of the Charity Shield, but other than that, I wont give you a clue as those who self teach themselves generally learn it better. Now were you a part of the 4000 in the early 80s at Selhurst or the 14000 when you finished 3rd in the top flight or are you a groupon, free ticket plastic palace fan who has no doubt decided to have a day trip to Wembley?

The sooner you learn and accept that on the pitch, where it truely matters, you are and always will be 2nd best, the better.

Feb 14, 2010
The sooner you learn and accept that on the pitch, where it truely matters, you are and always will be 2nd best, the better.

You see, i dont agree with this. Wolves are a great club but they are in the third division or whatever they call it. One of Palace and Watford will be in the 1st division (or whatever the call it now) but they will still only be palace and watford.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
I recall Palace failed to pay many creditors, including St Johns Ambulance before the palace fans did the decent thing. Well mate as its only 2 seasons since you came out of insolvency (and somehow kept a multi million pound asset in Zaha) then Im not surprised. Lets give it 5 years if you dont go up tho shall we? Bottom line is that if you can only get 14000 to pay and then get a few thousand in for free then you will have less money to spend on players than clubs like Brighton who can get 30,000 for Wolves in the second division (sorry Championship)

Don't let your fantasies get in the way of the facts. Zaha wasn't worth jack in 2010, he wasn't far from being released by the club. He just developed later than others from the academy. There's no cheating there.

You may not have noticed, but we tend to do better with lesser signings. I believe our squad for Monday cost less than one of your players (Ulloa). I'm not worried about the next 5 years, can you say the same? Do you believe that your crowds are sustainable? A chap that works for me lives in Brighton, he commented that the area is very susceptible to trends - one of the latest is going to the shiny new stadium. All trends end eventually.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You see, i dont agree with this. Wolves are a great club but they are in the third division or whatever they call it. One of Palace and Watford will be in the 1st division (or whatever the call it now) but they will still only be palace and watford.

Only be Palace? You mean a vastly bigger club than you? 2 years of plastic crowds doesn't suddenly change years of history.

Feb 14, 2010
Don't let your fantasies get in the way of the facts. Zaha wasn't worth jack in 2010, he wasn't far from being released by the club. He just developed later than others from the academy. There's no cheating there.

You may not have noticed, but we tend to do better with lesser signings. I believe our squad for Monday cost less than one of your players (Ulloa). I'm not worried about the next 5 years, can you say the same? Do you believe that your crowds are sustainable? A chap that works for me lives in Brighton, he commented that the area is very susceptible to trends - one of the latest is going to the shiny new stadium. All trends end eventually.

Honestly, I have no worry about future crowds. I correctly predicted the current gates as my family remember being a part of 30000 gates when playing in the 3rd division south. Brighton have a County with a large population as a fan base. So in 5 years time the issue will be how do we expand if they actually do manage to get promoted.

As for Palace, I'm being a bit tongue in cheek. I remember when Palace had a fan base to rival ours but I really am surprised that with your recent history since say the Ian Wright / Coppell years, with a superb 3rd place finish in the top flight, a cup final and a top flight or second tier side that the fan base has shrunk not expanded since the 1970's.

Feb 14, 2010
Only be Palace? You mean a vastly bigger club than you? 2 years of plastic crowds doesn't suddenly change years of history.

Keep repeating it and you might believe it. Brighton and Palace? Well the difference is summed up when you look at Brighton v York as against your spotty teenagers giving the City a good laugh, well that and a major trophy plus a decent fan base.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Honestly, I have no worry about future crowds. I correctly predicted the current gates as my family remember being a part of 30000 gates when playing in the 3rd division south. Brighton have a County with a large population as a fan base. So in 5 years time the issue will be how do we expand if they actually do manage to get promoted.

As for Palace, I'm being a bit tongue in cheek. I remember when Palace had a fan base to rival ours but I really am surprised that with your recent history since say the Ian Wright / Coppell years, with a superb 3rd place finish in the top flight, a cup final and a top flight or second tier side that the fan base has shrunk not expanded since the 1970's.

The last Premier League season was largely capacity crowds. Bad management choices after that cost use dearly, with turgid uninspiring football played out week after week. I accept that fans come and go, but our gains in the good times are nothing like the rapid expansion you have seen. I believe that Mr Bloom is betting with your future and I - having seen it happen at Palace - would be worried if I was a Brighton fan.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Keep repeating it and you might believe it. Brighton and Palace? Well the difference is summed up when you look at Brighton v York as against your spotty teenagers giving the City a good laugh, well that and a major trophy plus a decent fan base.

You really need to heed your own advise. You come across as a very deluded and bitter person, its embarrassing to see and i dread to think how that is only going to grow even more if you see us confirmed as a Premier League side a week today. Good night.

Feb 14, 2010
The last Premier League season was largely capacity crowds. Bad management choices after that cost use dearly, with turgid uninspiring football played out week after week. I accept that fans come and go, but our gains in the good times are nothing like the rapid expansion you have seen. I believe that Mr Bloom is betting with your future and I - having seen it happen at Palace - would be worried if I was a Brighton fan.

Honestly, not worried at all. I was worried when the Goldstone was sold. I was worried when the goal posts came down against York, I was worried when we were 1-0 down against Hereford, and I was worried at times when at Gillingham. But since the club returned to Brighton I always knew it was just a matter of time before we arrived back. As for Palace, I have no answers of how to turn around the fan base issue, except I do think that it should be turned around, and I think it will be. But first the problem has to be faced before you will do so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The obsession with attendances is really quite tiresome.
Yeah, we should be starting another 100 new threads about who should be our next manager, what the question is when Mark Hughes is the answer, and we can get at least a few months out Poogate surely.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I accept that fans come and go, but our gains in the good times are nothing like the rapid expansion you have seen.
Yes they are. You probably don't understand that you couldn't fit over 20k fans at the Withdean.
I believe that Mr Bloom is betting with your future and I - having seen it happen at Palace - would be worried if I was a Brighton fan.
He's clearly not betting with our future. It's blindingly obvious he hasn't set this up to make money, and with our income higher than the rest of the league, and our wages in the lower half, that's clearly not risking it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here