Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Withdean 4k

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I used to go to the withdean a lot. I am not a brighton fan and since they have got the new ground can't be bothered with the effort of the park and ride.

I only use to go to the withdean coz i could park in one of the side roads and walk to the ground in 5 mins.

You should all thank me :)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I wore my (tatty) True Gritt t-shirt to the first Donny game at the Amex, with the 97/98 'on tour' fixtures on the back. The fixtures include Scarborough, Chester, Darlington and Macclesfield, but also Hull, Swansea and Cardiff.

I am proud that 'I was there' BUT I welcome every single JCL and the support and dosh they bring.

PG (JCL c1971).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Looking back at last season and seeing how far we have come as a club (ignoring poogate and petulance from the manager) I think the club owes a significant debt to those 4000 or so season ticket holders at Withdean. Most had season tickets throughout the time at Withdean and to be frank without the season ticket money coming in each year, the club would have gone broke long before TB had his chance. I think the club should somehow recognise those true fans who braved the elements (and some of the performances) and stuck with it for so long. I'm sure when season tickets were being allocated at the amex there was a first tranche of 4000 or so all of whom had at least 10 years as a season ticket holder so the club have the details. would be nice for the club to recognise that contribution at some point before we get lost in the inevitable corporate machine of the premier league (which trust me will happen).
UTA

Like extra loyalty points for priority tickets for big matches? ???

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
800px-Terracotta_Army_Pit_1_-_2.jpg

Perhaps the club should create a "Terracotta Army" of the Withdean faithfull

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looking back at last season and seeing how far we have come as a club (ignoring poogate and petulance from the manager) I think the club owes a significant debt to those 4000 or so season ticket holders at Withdean. Most had season tickets throughout the time at Withdean and to be frank without the season ticket money coming in each year, the club would have gone broke long before TB had his chance. I think the club should somehow recognise those true fans who braved the elements (and some of the performances) and stuck with it for so long. I'm sure when season tickets were being allocated at the amex there was a first tranche of 4000 or so all of whom had at least 10 years as a season ticket holder so the club have the details. would be nice for the club to recognise that contribution at some point before we get lost in the inevitable corporate machine of the premier league (which trust me will happen).
UTA

What do you want, a medal ?

Oh.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
UTA

If i new the gillingham season ticket holders were just going to thrown on scrap heap i not sure i would have bothered:rolleyes:

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
People talk about Withdean like we suffered.
Yes, it was horrific when it rained but 3 Championships, Cheaterfield envelopes, Man City, Swindon. The Sportsman.
If you didn't have an ST you could find yourself sitting next to anyone from Des to Naylor.

The more new fans the better, they just missed out on those times that's all.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If you didn't have an ST you could find yourself sitting next to anyone from Des to Naylor.

Yes, I remember one DELIGHTFUL match where I was sat next to Withdean Wanderer for 90minutes,

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with the suggestion that there should be a badge, or HAT, for those who want it known that they are SPECIAL.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What about a Halo that could be worn? It could be held in place by a coat hanger contraption of some sort.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
UTA

What a brilliant idea. Let's commission a specially minted medal for these valiant soldiers who experienced conditions akin to the trenches in WWI. They will be able to wear this proudly to every game (they never miss a game) so others can admire their selfless sacrifice. Then each year these heroes can parade from Withdean to The Amex where they can be received by the grateful many on 'Remembrance Saturday', perhaps the Saturday nearest Tony Bloom's birthday. Tony being the second most important person after these heroes, in ensuring Brighton's survival.

It was football, at a rubbish ground yes. But we had lots of promotions during that time and great spirit, get over it.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If i new the gillingham season ticket holders were just going to thrown on scrap heap i not sure i would have bothered:rolleyes:

Me and my 17 mates who had ST at Gillingham had a nice roof at Withdean & now have ST at Falmer with a better view than half of 1901 members at half the price...don't you?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I had a season ticket because I enjoyed watching the football, I don't need to be patronised for it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
UTA

I don't think the club owes me anything for my having a season ticket all that time, why should it?
I didn't go just to feel that i should get recognition or deserve something extra from the club for doing so if/once things started looking up for the club at a later date but i went because i supported the team, regardless of whoever was in charge, whoever was playing for us and regardless of attendance figures or stadium facilities etc

I paid my money to watch my team play, as do all attendees at football matches, whether it is as a part of a 3k crowd at Gillingham, 6k crowd at Withdean or a 30k crowd at the Amex and i am just glad that so many more people now have the chance and are willing to come along to watch my team play.

Brighton til I Die

May 22, 2010
Club got it right with our 250 loyalty points ( meaning we get fist refusal on all away games) I am owed nothing after the first 3 seasons and the last season at the withers. However a refund for my Gillingham season ticket would be just.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here