Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Withdean 4k

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
We got 250 points and to choose our seats at the Amex before anyone else, that's good enough for me. We're a different club now - embrace and enjoy it

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The Labour Party said things would get better and look what happened........

For a while things did or were we misled-my old man said when Labour are out of power this country would be in a right state-that was when they came to power.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
i appreciate them. i was a regular attendee during late 70s and 80s. Family, work, moving away etc etc meant i could only get to a handful of games at withdean/priestfield and i didn't get too involved with the protests etc. but those that did were amazing and I would like to thank them for it. as a result, with my kids all grown up and a 160 mile round trip not such a chore, i am back regularly and loving it. No fans = no club. So many thanks to you all.

Now leave the JCLs alone ;-)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i appreciate them. i was a regular attendee during late 70s and 80s. Family, work, moving away etc etc meant i could only get to a handful of games at withdean/priestfield and i didn't get too involved with the protests etc. but those that did were amazing and I would like to thank them for it. as a result, with my kids all grown up and a 160 mile round trip not such a chore, i am back regularly and loving it. No fans = no club. So many thanks to you all.

Now leave the JCLs alone ;-)

Johnny come back again late typer :kiss:

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Looking back at last season and seeing how far we have come as a club (ignoring poogate and petulance from the manager) I think the club owes a significant debt to those 4000 or so season ticket holders at Withdean. Most had season tickets throughout the time at Withdean and to be frank without the season ticket money coming in each year, the club would have gone broke long before TB had his chance. I think the club should somehow recognise those true fans who braved the elements (and some of the performances) and stuck with it for so long. I'm sure when season tickets were being allocated at the amex there was a first tranche of 4000 or so all of whom had at least 10 years as a season ticket holder so the club have the details. would be nice for the club to recognise that contribution at some point before we get lost in the inevitable corporate machine of the premier league (which trust me will happen).
UTA

Excuse my dyslexia............WNEKRA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah shucks jonny, you're welcome :blush:

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
op ..... maybe they should have waited till you popped your clogs and put your body in the cement mixer that created the north stand.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
We got 250 points and to choose our seats at the Amex before anyone else, that's good enough for me. We're a different club now - embrace and enjoy it

Exactly - although if there's badges and medals going around I'll nab one :p

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Am I the only person who opened this up thinking it was about a road running race?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
They don't need to be "recognised". We know who they are.

This is enough for me:-

"The battle's only just begun, but we have won the war.
Our club, though torn asunder, will survive.
And I salute each one of you who stood up and said NO!
And fought to keep the Albion alive.
And one day, when our new home's built, and we are storming back
A bunch of happy fans without a care
We'll look back on our darkest hour and raise our glasses high
and say with satisfaction: we were there
".

You'd never say it Lord B, but for the rest of us the two uses of the word 'they' in your first line should be replaced with "we".

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Looking back at last season and seeing how far we have come as a club (ignoring poogate and petulance from the manager) I think the club owes a significant debt to those 4000 or so season ticket holders at Withdean. Most had season tickets throughout the time at Withdean and to be frank without the season ticket money coming in each year, the club would have gone broke long before TB had his chance. I think the club should somehow recognise those true fans who braved the elements (and some of the performances) and stuck with it for so long. I'm sure when season tickets were being allocated at the amex there was a first tranche of 4000 or so all of whom had at least 10 years as a season ticket holder so the club have the details. would be nice for the club to recognise that contribution at some point before we get lost in the inevitable corporate machine of the premier league (which trust me will happen).
UTA

Right, the first home match next season those 4,000 can take pride of place in the West Stand while the other 26,000 will crawl around the perimeter of the pitch uttering thank you O 4,000 magnificents, thank you. Oh shit I've woken up.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
There are many people who 'should be recognised' for what they did to save this club. Most of them don't want to be, as there were many many people who were part of the fight. Turning up to Withdean wasn't even the half of it - without these people there would be no club.

As I've said to a couple of them - yes, we were all in it together, but there are a few people who went far above and beyond the call of duty to direct the fight in the right way and at the right time. They didn't have to do this, but they did. I think walking into the Amex to watch our club play is probably reward enough, and the point of the whole exercise anyway.

THANK YOU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here