Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope you continue to play your football under a new manager

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sorry, how exactly did we come fourth if most teams "have worked us out". Surely we would be bottom half and fighting relegation.

And even the top 3 we didn't get any victories over eh. What are we bloody dealing with here, Finch. If we revert to being muscleheaded ogres like Leicester or weekly bores like Blackburn then we're quickly identityless. I honestly beg for our mission to continue even if not staying exactly the same, cultured and serene whilst the others lose themselves in panic.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And even the top 3 we didn't get any victories over eh. What are we bloody dealing with here, Finch. If we revert to being muscleheaded ogres like Leicester or weekly bores like Blackburn then we're quickly identityless. I honestly beg for our mission to continue even if not staying exactly the same, cultured and serene whilst the others lose themselves in panic.

Can't stand the idea of reverting to long ball but sadly there is an element of fans apparently who long for the old days of kick and rush football. Apparently the success of Swansea and other teams hasn't taught some people.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for the info, change two draws to wins and we go up automatically.

Precisely and just shows how thin the margins are so perhaps those two equalisers at home to Bolton and away to Wolves cost us however we had late winners as well.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Its totally relevant, we have to win to go anywhere, we finished fourth maybe 18 points above the drop zone. If you had gone to Bristol where we played the bottom team, who eventually got relegated, and saw the pathetic display there with only one feeble attempt on goal you would understand how our strategy under this manager was so flawed. I love to see us move the ball around with our passing game, but my grandmother goes to the shops and back quicker than we move the ball from one end of the pitch to the other. A £6m + front line, two ex England defenders in defence and a sprinkling of Spanniards, we had the assets to achieve much more than we did and the chairman knows it. I do ot want to see more of the same next reason, otherwise why change the manager?

I missed the Bristol City away game but went to the majority of games this season and thought we played some fantastic football at times. In terms of the £6m front line, we only had Ulloa and CMS available together for just over a month of the season. The tactics you are so against, saw us top the form table for 2013 so we can't have been that bad. Once we signed Ulloa as the focal point to our team we were superb and if we had kept Poyet we would have hopefully continued that form into next season. As it is, Poyet seems to have burnt his bridges and we need a new manager but I really hope we don't go back to kick and rush as some seem to advocate.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Can't stand the idea of reverting to long ball but sadly there is an element of fans apparently who long for the old days of kick and rush football. Apparently the success of Swansea and other teams hasn't taught some people.

I'm not advocating a return of the long ball, all hope no skill, but have it in your skill bank. We only had one way of playing and then latterly this changed with the use of wingers and the cross it to Uloa strategy. I love to watch us pass the ball, but Palace from the second half at Selhurst Park worked it out. We need both an addition of mental and physical strength and I believe that this has been recognised.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As it is, Poyet seems to have burnt his bridges and we need a new manager but I really hope we don't go back to kick and rush as some seem to advocate.

We won't, Bloom knows football pretty well and will want a modern thinking progressive manager.

Remember he took a huge leap of faith with Poyet when he was appointed as no real managerial experience and the style proved to be very good and a winning style as well.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Not knocking what we do, but we need to be tougher, Hull, Reading automatic promotion

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I have said this before on here but at a recent supporters meeting I asked Barber this very question. And the answer was a definite yes we will continue with the same style. Our new academy is set up from the youngest age group playing passing/possession football so it's here to stay.

Spot on. I can assure you that this is the case, and is why i think the new manager will be chosen with this in mind.
The academy players are trained to play in the same style as the seniors, with a heavy smattering of Spanish coaches, one who is a coach from Real Madrid.
Half of the U16 team is made up with U15 players, and when they come up against the likes of Millwall, Charlton, Birmingham etc, most of our youngsters are dwarfed by their opponents. This does not seem to matter though as the football and subsequent results from the Brighton lads have proved.
Five years was the project, this year the play off's were the target, this was achieved. Unfortunately perhaps some wanted success quicker, more cash injected or whatever, but the plan and finance was based on five years.

The youngsters are playing at the Amex tomorrow against Millwall, pop down and take a look.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Five years was the project, this year the play off's were the target, this was achieved. Unfortunately perhaps some wanted success quicker, more cash injected or whatever, but the plan and finance was based on five years.

The youngsters are playing at the Amex tomorrow against Millwall, pop down and take a look.

And I am sure the plan takes into consideration FFP, Wolves have to cut their player budget by over half next season so the likes of a fair few other clubs will have serious issues with this.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hope so too, we've gone from mid table to drawing games we used to loose. Now need someone to put that plan B or extra 5 seconds of class in to win us 25% of those draws without loosing our solidity at the back etc.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And I am sure the plan takes into consideration FFP, Wolves have to cut their player budget by over half next season so the likes of a fair few other clubs will have serious issues with this.

Yep.
I think someone like Enrique might be the new manager, because of the way our club is set up, the Spanish influence might persuade him as well.....a word from some of the Spanish lads eh... ???........Calde as the number two.. :)....you never know.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep.
I think someone like Enrique might be the new manager, because of the way our club is set up, the Spanish influence might persuade him as well.....a word from some of the Spanish lads eh... ???........Calde as the number two.. :)....you never know.

Enrique would be awesome and a major coup for us

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes, but you never know.
Maybe iv'e missed this on other threads re who might move on etc....but i would worry if the PIG moved on.
No players "moving on" because Poyet's left. I think some are giving far to much credit in how the players feel towards him. I doubt if any off them will care. They are professionals and will play for however is in charge.

I also laugh at those mentioning hoof ball. Why is it if you are happy (am I am over the moon) that Poyet is gone, does that mean we prefer hoofball. Brighton will continue to be a footballing side. Whoever comes in, will have a squad of footballers who can play the passing game. All the new man needs is the ability to think on his feet, and makes changes and switch to a slightly different style when needed. That was Poyets number one flaw on the pitch, and why he will never ever be a top manager despite what he may think about himself. His tactics for plan a was incredible. When it worked it was unplayable. But beyond he was tactically inept. If he could adapt the style, or change tactics midgame, he'd be the genuis he thinks he is. But judging by what Vicente said in his interview, even in training it was always do the same thing. Not the sign of a top manager, or even an average professional manager IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here