Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Who's Our Next Manager?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
And Ferguson Jnr steered Peterboro successfully to relegation.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Shame he didn't go after the previous Palace debacle at the AMEX. I have never forgiven him for the humiliation that we suffered that night.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Having taken the formal discipline route with Gus surely they can't really be seen to be inviting applications from prospective candidates just now?

Could become a field day for the lawyers.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
What you have to look at with both of them is how they did when they left their current clubs. Neither did well. Eddie Howes is far too green and inexperienced for our job to be honest. It's a big season for him, but I can't imagine TB taking such a gamble.
Too be far, you have to look where they went when they left their clubs. I think your right though, I think it will be someone with a proven track record. As much as it makes me cringe, I doubt if someone like Neil Warnock is too far off the rador.

I know we normally go for a manager with a "sell on" value, but I have a sneaky feeling we'll be going for someone with a proven record this time. We have to go up next season, Bloom has gambled a lot on it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have thought for a long time now that Alan Curbishley has been waiting for this job to come up.

1.Done wonders at Charlton, who went into freefall when he left.
2. Got experience with building up an academy.
3. Done a fair job at West Ham.
4. Ex player who played over 100 games for the Albion.
5. Will know the history of the club and where we have come from and what we have been though.

As someone said on the radio today, football is a simple game over complicated by coaches who think they are clever. Barber saw off Poyet at Spurs and got Redknapp in, I see Curbishley as a very similar appointment. True he has been out of the game for a few years but a long period of that was while he was taking West Ham to court and couldn't work.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And Ferguson Jnr steered Peterboro successfully to relegation.
Too be fair to little Fergie, he did bloody well taking it to the last kick of the season with the crap squad he had at Peterborough. Don't always judge managers on their finishing position.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I wonder if the club's legal battle with Gus will put off his Chelsea pals, including Di Mateo, from wanting the job.

I'd love Di Matteo or Zola or maybe even Vialli.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I wonder if the club's legal battle with Gus will put off his Chelsea pals, including Di Mateo, from wanting the job.

I'd love Di Matteo or Zola or maybe even Vialli.
No chance. They know him well, and know what he's like. No friends in football. Do you think Gus wouldn't have turned down the Chelsea job when Di Mateo was fired if offered it?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I think we're all going to be surprised by who Tony has in store. I can't imagine Curbishley, Hughes, Warnock etc. getting a look-in.

Thomas Schaaf would be an excellent candidate - has just left Bremen after many successful years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here