Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will YOU be leaving early on Monday night?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
No, I don't leave early anyway, but on Monday it's just daft. It's not like it's a league game where at worst the amount of points we get changes. Leaving early means you could, potentially, miss out on another 30 minutes of incredibly tense football when the team will need the fans backing them the most.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Never left a game early before but i have work at 7.30 AM in Devon Tuesday morning, so if there were a few goals in it then maybe.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
No I won't, but I won't mind if others do as long as they don't get half-way out then decide to stand in the gangway blocking my view.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'll stay till the end then probably have a beer. If I happen to miss the last train, then I will ring the Mrs and get her to pick me up from the Newmarket or Kingston roundabout. Not very likely though, as even if it goes to penalties there will be at least 3 eastbourne trains after 11:00

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm bringing an outfit that has me disappear into the images on the walls of the North Stand refreshments and boozing area, so that after the match and whilst merrily imbibing i'll become invisible to the clean-up crew. When they've gone i'll pitch a tent in the centre circle and lovingly receive the wriggle of the turfworms that aid us with their willpower to come out on top all night long. I'll sneak out quietly in the morning following the sly reheating of a pair of juicy pies and sticking a sharp metal straw into an un-put-away keg to sup on a gallon of tepid Harveys.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Never left a game early. If had to for something like my own wedding / birth of child, then I wouldn't go at all. Only reasons can think of unless you're seriously disabled off top of my head!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Nope, will be on the pitch for about 15 minutes :)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Monday's game is a once in a generation, once in a lifetime moment. To potentially beat your fiercest rivals in front of a packed out home crowd for the chance to go to Wembley and gain promotion to the top table of English football. How many times has a Palace match meant SO much more than just 3 points and a chance to brag? The stakes are ludicrous and unless its a family emergency I can't understand why anyone could justify missing it, so you're home late and tired the next day, so what? It's a one off. Imagine a Buckley V Doncaster style 97th minute winner, or penalties. It fills me with dread to think of losing it but imagine being the bellend who leaves early and misses something like that. "Oh well, at least we got home on time for Newsnight." No. I'll walk home to Worthing if I have to, I'm not missing any of it.

And I, sir, will join you. To the end....whatever the outcome. Swapped my 8-4 for a 12-8 shift on tuesday so I can at least nurse the hangover and coax the vocal cords back to life :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Will YOU be leaving early on Monday night?
I won't be leaving before 9, so I wouldn't say early, but I'd like to get home and see how my first, second, third and forth teams have got on.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
remember being dragged out of the goldstone 5-10 minutes before full-time by me dad the first few times i went with him , it's been going on for years...........surely unless we are 3-0 up or down most people are going to stay until the end.........would not be a good look if the penalty shoot -out is carried out in front of a half full stadium.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
remember being dragged out of the goldstone 5-10 minutes before full-time by me dad the first few times i went with him , it's been going on for years...........surely unless we are 3-0 up or down most people are going to stay until the end.........would not be a good look if the penalty shoot -out is carried out in front of a half full stadium.

Would anyone really leave if it is a draw just before the end of extra time?? Your timetable is already fecked by then with the extra 30 mins. Miss a penalty shoot out? Maybe look away or hide in the bar or the toilets but leave? Surely not

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Interested whether those who leave early for whatever reason are making special arrangements for Monday.

For evening games I have leave bang on 9.30 to make the last train & boat back to IOW, so a big thanks to Trevor from the North Stand who is bringing his car over, But I had to laugh when he said we have got to deliver a coffin to haywards Heath first,
Now that's what I call mixing business with pleasure.
Thanks mate see you at Fishbourne 1.30 Monday

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Would anyone really leave if it is a draw just before the end of extra time?? Your timetable is already fecked by then with the extra 30 mins. Miss a penalty shoot out? Maybe look away or hide in the bar or the toilets but leave? Surely not

i don't know ,i could never see the point of leaving early back then and i still cant now.........i personally never did it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here