Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Exactly why I think Brighton fans shouldn't be overconfident ;-)

I'm sure the vast majority of us are nothing of the sort.

Now jog on back to your own festering forum(s) & stop polluting this one. :wave:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
nice club
nice manager
nice chairman
great result .....for the underdog:clap2::clap2::clap2:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
love the result and overall they were good value for the win..... typical ITV cut to adverts just before the moment we all want to see - if Dave Whelan was going to be handed the cup

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So what happened with Whelan's leg? I don't think it was made clear before the match. Or during the first half. Or at half time. Or in the second half. Or at full time. Or in the post-match interviews. Not quite sure I caught it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Half-time bets:

£5 @ 13/2 Wigan win
£5 @ 10/1 Wigan win to nil
£5 @ 14/1 Wigan win 1-0

Get in there!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
So Wigan will turn up at the Emirates on Tuesday night as FA Cup holders. Oh the irony. Can see them pulling off another win against Arsenal. They will certainly have wind(and rain) in their sails.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Perhaps the people who have previously said that Wigan didn't deserve to be in the Premier League because they are a "small" club will eat their words. The right to be in a league is measured by results on the pitch not by the size of the crowd or following. Let's hope they can now end the season by staying up. Congratulations to Wigan, Roberto Martinez & David Whelan. Brilliant!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Brilliant!! Just won £140 on Wigan winning. I took out a bet on Brighton beating Palace 2-0 which was refundable if the bet didn't win as an introductory offer with betfair.

So stuck that £20 on Wigan at 7-1. Mint!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
17/2 at kick off. Now down to 4/1

So pleased I had my fiver at 17/2

Loved seeing those Blue & White shirts and flags celebrating in the stands at the end. Stick thi is the Good Omen thread

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope so. Then the cameras cut to Dave Whelan crying in the stands. Would be TV gold, no question.

I hate the club. They have no redeeming feature at all. Lucky, boring, small, poorly supported, plodders at best. And survive on the last day because the club is well run and they get away with it. There is always a basketcase or three to save them. Hopefully not this time.

Your spiteful and bizarre wish, was granted. But Whelan cried tears of elation.

Hard lines. :smile:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So what happened with Whelan's leg? I don't think it was made clear before the match. Or during the first half. Or at half time. Or in the second half. Or at full time. Or in the post-match interviews. Not quite sure I caught it.

He broke his leg playing for Blackburn Rovers v Wolves in 1960 Cup Final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here