Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Had 2 balti pies in wsu a block end about 12.30 and they were bloody lovely and a bit more spicy. There was lots of everything at that time

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Couldn't get a Chilli pie before K/O but there were plenty of chicken/balti ones left at that stage, North nearest the East corner.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never mind pies, it was getting increasingly tricky to find any beer that wasn't Fosters or (for the Fosters haters) Strongbow after the game. How can a catering outfit be so non-clued up? Tho I know the answer: They don't record the fact that five thousand people asked for Kronie and were told there was none, they only record the sales of last-cooking-lager-of-choice-in-the-world-ever Fosters. So they come to the stupid wrong conclusion that everybody loves that Fosters shi t.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
WSU North End - 12:20 - delicious hot, crusty, moist, well-filled and tasty Chilli Pie :drool:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't believe they tell us All to stay after game,then struggle to serve lager and NO FOOD........

Yup, club is still a bit League Two when it comes to joined-up catering thinking. Bless. Their loss. Captive audience and they f ucked it up. We can always eat in town later, whereas they won't be able to recoup that potential revenue. Oh well. :shrug:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Not a single pie left when I got to the front. It's the worlds most amateur operation. Seriously, they know how many of us are going in advance, and they still can't make enough food.

AND... they didn't let us know so it wasn't until i got near the front that the penny dropped. :angry:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The pie was going to be my lunch and I wasted probably about 45 minutes queuing thinking there would be some :(

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I got to the north stand (east end) kiosk at about 12:30, no hot dogs, no burgers (either will do for the boy) so I opted to get him a pie, only to find they had just 1 balti left. Needless to say, he ended up having a pack of jelly babies for lunch. That balti was MINE.

To be honest, I'm quite surprised they didn't run out of beer as well towards the end.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Plenty of pies in ESU when I got there - but then it was about 11.30, so I was early enough for the chili pie.
Joined my brother in NS for the party afterwards. When we left just before 5, my brother got a balti pie (there were plenty) and while he was ordering that, they came out with a fresh batch of sausage rolls, so I succumbed to the temptation. Full marks to the caterers for keeping up with the demand.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Had a lovely steak and ale pie and pint of Harveys pre match in WSU. Was delicious. Got there early mind.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
We were in ESL. No jacket potatoes or pies before the match. Nothing hot at halftime, despite getting there early. And all they had after the match was sausage rolls.

The impression I got from talking to the staff was they they were trying to get rid of all the end-of-season stock, so they didn't want to buy/cook more than they needed. Has anyone told them there is still a match to go, with possibly the highest attendance all season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here