Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: Please stay off the pitch [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet: Please stay off the pitch[/h]10:37pm Friday 3rd May 2013 in Albion
2232337.jpg
Gus Poyet
Albion have appealed to both sets of supporters to stay off the pitch after the final whistle at The Amex tomorrow.
They want the playing surface in peak condition for the second leg of the play-offs.
Manager Gus Poyet said: “Last year, after the first season at The Amex, they were spectacular the way they reacted.
“This season it is an even bigger situation. We need the pitch in the best condition possible for the play-off semi-final. We didn’t train here this week on purpose to keep the pitch perfect.
“We are going to come out, say thanks to everybody and then we will see what happens in the semi-final, but please stay in the stands.”
Angry Wolves fans invaded the pitch at Molineux after last Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat by Burnley which has left them needing a win at The Amex to retain a slim chance of staying up.
Poyet said: “Wolves fans need to be realistic and respectful.
“I would ask my fans the same if we were away and then I am sure the club will do their bit with the security. What ever happened to them we are not responsible for at all, so I don’t think we should pay the price.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here