Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex IS a Rugby World Cup 2015 venue!

modulate

Nov 23, 2013
The rugby is on an international weekend and it was stated on an Albion roar at the end of last season that we would be able to fulfil home boxing day fixtures

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The rugby is on an international weekend and it was stated on an Albion roar at the end of last season that we would be able to fulfil home boxing day fixtures
Unusually informative post. Are you new around here? :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ah...OK. So what is the capacity of the ground for football then. It's clearly not going to be 30,750 because of the segregation but how much can it hold?

My original point still stands though - I reckon the SA game will see Albion's record attendance

Will there a problem that season with making requests for particular weekends as away games.
We'll want to be away for Pride, that day when the Uni carpark is closed, Boxing Day and the rugby match - how many requests can we make?

Some clubs might have to force the PL/FL to modify the fixtures list. For us, we're not affected because, as modulate states, the RWC weekend at Falmer is an international football fixtures weekend.

As regards capacity, I believe it's something like 150-200 seats taken up for segregation.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Thanks for that - that's well timed for us

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, figured I'd try to be helpful
I've got my eye on you, sunshine.

Your types aren't welcome round here, what with all your correct and concise information.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The legal capacity is 30,750.

There aren't, however, 30,750 seats in the stadium, but there might be by the time the Rugby World Cup comes around.

I think the club are looking to squeeze in additional seats but have to identify where the gaps are first.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Ah...OK. So what is the capacity of the ground for football then. It's clearly not going to be 30,750 because of the segregation but how much can it hold?

My original point still stands though - I reckon the SA game will see Albion's record attendance

Will there a problem that season with making requests for particular weekends as away games.
We'll want to be away for Pride, that day when the Uni carpark is closed, Boxing Day and the rugby match - how many requests can we make?

I agree. The question is, seeing as you can take drinks to your seat for rugby, will the caterers have an easier time or will it be worse then ever....

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Did anyone manage to get tickets during the 'Rugby Community' ticket sale?

I'm off the the USA vs. Samoa game at the Amex.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Pride is before the season. Uni car park just means an evening kick off and Boxing Day is fine now. Rugby is also on an international weekend. :)

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Did anyone manage to get tickets during the 'Rugby Community' ticket sale?

I'm off the the USA vs. Samoa game at the Amex.

Yes got 4 tickets for both days. I'm not sure about the Saturday game but the Sunday match allocation was sold out very quickly. On average about 25% of tickets were released so even allowing for corporate/travelling supporter packages/RWC tickets there should still be over 15k available for general sale.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pride is before the season. Uni car park just means an evening kick off and Boxing Day is fine now. Rugby is also on an international weekend. :)

Thanks for that - that's well timed for us

Some clubs might have to force the PL/FL to modify the fixtures list. For us, we're not affected because, as modulate states, the RWC weekend at Falmer is an international football fixtures weekend.

As regards capacity, I believe it's something like 150-200 seats taken up for segregation.

No it isnt, that's the first Saturday in September as always. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2016_qualifying

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Yes got 4 tickets for both days

Me too - Category C prices for children were great value £15 for South Africa/Japan and only £7 for USA/Samoa - bargain - shame you couldn't pick your actual seats but all the areas designated cat c are decent imo, as we know, no bad seats at Falmer :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here