Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Upson...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I like his calmness and sure it instils confidence in the team. He and Greer look a very capable combination and I hope we keep him at least another year regardless of what league we're in

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
supoyb

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
He has definitely made Greer a better defender, those two have a brilliant partnership that has seen Tomasz do little work.

Imagine where we would be with the squad we currently have, including a fully fit CMS from the start?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very solid indeed, fits in well with our system and certainly still has premier league quality. He didn't win those England caps for nothing

D

Deleted member 2719

I was a doubter when we got him as i thought he was a bit slow, but he has a quick mind and is very strong indeed. An excellent signing.

Me too, but i would say only as back up if we make premier.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I still can't believe that we have 2 England Internationals in our back 4, a top premiership goalie, and an international holding midfielder. It's such a buzz at the moment. I just hope we get promoted so we can keep them all.

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
We need the experience him PIG, and BRidgey bring at the back, what we would need if we went up is a bit more pace going forward. Don't get me wrong we have played some Barca style football recently but it you look at the pace Vydra had when Watford spanked us at home for example, that's a gap

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd love to sign him permanently. It will all be down to money at the end of the day, though - I imagine a paycut would be involved. Same as with Bridge - depends how much they're motivated by wanting to play, and how much simply by money. They should have both made enough to last them for life now (especially Bridge); what they might get at Brighton would seem like a fortune for most of us - but will they see it that way?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
It's a yes from me. If, and it's a big if, we make the Prem, Upson is exactly the sort of experienced, level headed player we need. Well worth a 2 year deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here