Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy to order a ticket online, but when will tickets arrive? MAYBE NEVER!

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Hello Insider,

On 9th April I posted on here about ticket delivery delays this season, and included this info about my recent experience:

================
My recent online ticket orders:

Middlesbrough - waiting over 2wks, still ticketless 4 days before match.

Also still waiting:
- over 4wks for Peterborough, match in 6 days
- over 1wk for Leeds

and waited over 2wks for Forest ticket; had tried progress checking the Forest ticket by telephone to ticket office, the Monday morning before the match (after 2 minutes of info and multi-choice getting “you are 27[SUP]th[/SUP] in the queue” - gave up !!, luckily arrived later that day)
=======================

Luckily the Middlesbrough ticket arrived later same day, and also the Peterborough ticket I think on the Friday before the Tuesday match. Worryingly late, but just about not too late.

However, I'm raising the topic again now 48 hrs before kickoff because I, and others, are still awaiting our tickets for the last away match of the season.

Since then I see you have had another posting concerning such delays, and if you have a moment to check the main forum at:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?276771-Leeds-tickets

you will see that a thread that was started in order just to see how many going/how many tickets sold now has many other supporters reporting on delays in delivery of the online ordered Leeds tickets. Blood pressure not helped by just a few reporting that they had ordered on one day and had them delivered only a day or two later!

I have just telephoned the ticket office to check what are the current arrangements for dealing with delayed/lost-in-the-post/whatever tickets, I was told that if no ticket arrived, that I should go to the Leeds ticket office on the match day and ask for a ticket.

In the past, at for example away at Huddersfield, our ticket office made sure that tickets would be ready and waiting for our collection at the ground. It seems that I, and maybe others in my position, may have to do our own negotiation, and chance our arm as to whether any tickets are still available.

If I have understood your response to my earlier posting correctly, you did discuss these problems with the ticket office. However, I did say that when speaking directly to the ticket office I had always found them helpful and resourceful in solving problems, and that it seemed to me that although the problem makes its appearance at the coal-face, the actual problem is the lack of enough miners/pick-axes/trucks or whatever would eliminate the bottleneck.

In thirty years of following the Albion when in my locality at northern away matches, there have of course been occasions when I have been unable to order a ticket due to the popularity of a particular match, but never have I been able to order a ticket by such a simple and effect process as the current online system, and then been at such risk of not being able to attend the match!

If I was the only one having these problems, I would have been dealing with the club directly; this posting is because it is clear that I am not alone, and it is an embarrassingly wider problem.

Hope you can help, given that for good and valuable reasons you have the name tag Insider, and that by next season this problem will have been overcome - whichever division we are in ...

Regards,

zego

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Yes, I share your frustrations, as I have also dealt with a fair few emails, calls and personal conversations along these lines. I am reliably informed, having escalated this issue, that it will be resolved for next season. It will also need to be resolved for the away leg of the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here