Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we see Vicente again this season?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think, despite they'e probably our two most gifted players, both Vicente and Bruno should be coming off the bench to change a game rather than starting.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The issue when he plays is that other players stop trying things and just give the ball to Vicente, then we can become a bit too easy to defend against.
As much as I love him, we channel too much play through him at times which often means Spanish Dave and Orlandi tend to have less of an impact. Plus, Dave and Orlandi have earned their place in the line up.
It's Gus's job to fix that. Dave and Orlandi need to believe in themselves, and not change their game when Vicente is on. I think we should pick our strongest team for this Saturday (Ulloa, that means you), and if we can secure our play-offs place, then prepare to rest a few on the 4th (some could still play for 45 minutes) ready for the semis - so I'd expect us to use Vicente somewhere - either as a trial to see if he's an option for the playoffs, or to rest others.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's Gus's job to fix that. Dave and Orlandi need to believe in themselves, and not change their game when Vicente is on. I think we should pick our strongest team for this Saturday (Ulloa, that means you), and if we can secure our play-offs place, then prepare to rest a few on the 4th (some could still play for 45 minutes) ready for the semis - so I'd expect us to use Vicente somewhere - either as a trial to see if he's an option for the playoffs, or to rest others.

I agree entirely actually. But playing Vicente, Orlandi and Spanish Dave means dropping one of Hammond or Buckley and Gus won't do that away from home, in fact we're more likely to see Crofts come in for a midfield three of Crofts, Hammond and Bridcutt.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd rather we batter Leeds and sit back and chill for Wolves.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I don't think that Vicente and Spanish Dave can play together as they do too similar a role. I'd suggest that Lopez is ahead of Vicente in the pecking order nowadays so would only expect to see Vicente off the bench to replace him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But playing Vicente, Orlandi and Spanish Dave means dropping one of Hammond or Buckley and Gus won't do that away from home
I wasn't actually suggesting playing Vicente at Leeds, as he's not currently part of our strongest team (as he's not been playing). It's more that I'd like Poyet to give his first 11 game time together (and giving Gus a better idea of who he'll use in the all important semis), before resting a few on the 4th. If we don't need anything on the 4th, that's when perhaps Vicente can be tried with either Dave or Orlandi - maybe one in each half (perhaps with Bridcutt, Hammond and Buckley/Kaz).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I wasn't actually suggesting playing Vicente at Leeds, as he's not currently part of our strongest team (as he's not been playing). It's more that I'd like Poyet to give his first 11 game time together (and giving Gus a better idea of who he'll use in the all important semis), before resting a few on the 4th. If we don't need anything on the 4th, that's when perhaps Vicente can be tried with either Dave or Orlandi - maybe one in each half (perhaps with Bridcutt, Hammond and Buckley/Kaz).

Sorry, mis-read. Well anyway, I agree. The more game time they have the better gonig into the Play-Offs in case of injuries/suspensions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here