Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evra has a cheeky dig at Suarez?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Liverpool fans are just a cliche now, it's quite depressing in a way, they still think of themselves of some sort of massive club who should be walking the league.

Also, unpopular opinion: Whilst Hillsborough was tragic, i do wish they'd shut up about it for once.

Cant disagree with that. They happily dish out the abuse but if you say/do something back, even a light hearted bit of banter - they cry and cry and cry the victim.

That said they had a 1 minute applause yesterday for Anne Williams and that i do agree with because of her great work.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Why are Man U everything wrong with football? I don't support them but I'd rather them than city or Chelsea!
They're all as bad as each other.
Man U are American owned, have huge debts (even though their revenue is massive) and buy any possible star for ridiculous amounts. And most plastics seem to be arm chair manc fans. Personally, I'd rather see Man City beat Man U. That way more plastics would be slightly upset.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
As funny as it is, Evra could have avoided it, its as tasteless as Suarez committing the offence especially with the history between the two, I can see some people bringing up that evra is chewing on a white arm, if they do ridiculous

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Why are Man U everything wrong with football? I don't support them but I'd rather them than city or Chelsea!

I'd go along with that too. Most of the top clubs are all the same these days but Man U are the ones who got the ball rolling. The original sellouts. Man Utd superstore anyone?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Liverpool over-reaction completely unnecessary, so what if he did pretend to bite a fake arm? What harm did that do?

And as for some of those quoted comments? Liverpool fans still have racists, #footballloses.

Sad state of affairs at a joke of a club. Hope it's just over-sensitivity over the hillsborough anniversary.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Funny.

There are a fair amount of outraged Liverpool fans tweeting about it. Precious lot who will defend anything Liverpool until the cows come home.

Just like every other set of football supporters around the world. including us

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not sure what the generalised and stereotypical Liverpool fan thinks but most i have heard or spoken to think Suarez should be banned, sold or both.

Little wonder Scousers have a persecution complex looking at the narrow minded prejudice on this thread.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Liverpool fans are just a cliche now, it's quite depressing in a way, they still think of themselves of some sort of massive club who should be walking the league.

Also, unpopular opinion: Whilst Hillsborough was tragic, i do wish they'd shut up about it for once.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. It is taboo to say it, but when opinion is asked about the introduction of safe standing in stadiums, why do the media always go to the hillsborough victims supporters groups? I understand why they don't like the idea but they're hardly impartial.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Perhaps I should have said man u 'represent' all that's wrong with football. As someone pointed out, they are the original sellouts, became a public company first and seem to have the most plastics around here at any rate. I intensely dislike the premier league and what it's done to the lower league clubs leeching support away from them. Even now when I confront some plastics with our relative success, they look at me as though I'm mad when I gently suggest that they should perhaps support their local club, you know the club from the place where they were born and probably lived all their life.

Those Liverpool fans tweeting were not representative of Liverpool fans as a whole. The genuine fans of Liverpool I know are sick to death of Suarez' antics. Would we all want certain NSC posters to be regarded as representative of all Brighton support?

On the Hillsborough thing, I too am very tired of hearing about it. However the reason we keep hearing about it is because for years there was a cover up by the police etc. Our fans are regarded highly for fighting to save our club. Why can't Liverpool fans be regarded in the same light for trying for justice for a whole load of people who died?

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Not gonna argue with that. I think Alan Davies hit the nail on the head with this Hillsborough related rant, well worth a listen.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Saw a load of Liverpool "fans" saying it was distasteful in the light of the Boston incident.

Are Liverpool fans the worst?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here