Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No excuse

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why is it any of your concern? People pay their money for their ticket, they can do what they like with it.

Get off your ****ing high horse :tosser:

If I was a player it would piss me off. Perhaps not so much in games like yesterday's, but in the games that are 0-0 with a couple of minutes to go when we are desperate for a goal it would annoy me to see thousands walking out. I'd be thinking 'you stand there and shout at me and tell me what to do for 80 minutes, despite me being a hundred times better at my job than you are, and then you get up and piss off with ten minutes to go. If its not important enough for you to hand around the extra 10 minutes then shut the **** up shouting at me all game'!

I really don't understand this "if you leave five minutes early you get home 40 minutes earlier" thing. So what? Especially on a Saturday. You've spent the time, effort and money to go to football in the first place, so what's another 40 minutes when leaving early means you'll miss some of the best moments of the season?

Of course sometimes people have important plans in the evening that they have to attend to, but 10,000 people a week don't!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It adds to their self importance to start a thread about it, making them better fans than anyone else.

That's deliberately missing the point. It's not a good fan bad fan debate. There are two things I don't understand about leaving early: surely you want to see the whole game and don't you want to lap your team off? So few chances to watch footsie that I hate to miss any of it.

And I do know that some people have to. But some chose to. Their choice but I dont get it.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Did she die in vain?

80093375.jpg

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If I was a player it would piss me off. Perhaps not so much in games like yesterday's, but in the games that are 0-0 with a couple of minutes to go when we are desperate for a goal it would annoy me to see thousands walking out. I'd be thinking 'you stand there and shout at me and tell me what to do for 80 minutes, despite me being a hundred times better at my job than you are, and then you get up and piss off with ten minutes to go. If its not important enough for you to hand around the extra 10 minutes then shut the **** up shouting at me all game'!

I really don't understand this "if you leave five minutes early you get home 40 minutes earlier" thing. So what? Especially on a Saturday. You've spent the time, effort and money to go to football in the first place, so what's another 40 minutes when leaving early means you'll miss some of the best moments of the season?

Of course sometimes people have important plans in the evening that they have to attend to, but 10,000 people a week don't!

If you were a player on £000's a week you wouldn't be bothered if a few left before the final whistle, you'd be glad of decent numbers in the crowd to contribute to your wages.

Personally leaving on 90 mins saves me about 40 mins on my journey home which I drive from the racehill so negates any chance of staying behind for a couple of beers, I've also got a disabled mrs to sort out when I get home then got to cook for my son, mrs and myself so that 40 mins is valuable time I can't afford to lose in my match day.

I've spent my money and choose to leave when the **** I want to.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
At the Leicester game a drunk, overweight idiot was shouting at a large number of people for leaving early. The people leaving included children with their parents, and most of these people looked embarrassed and visibly upset. The drunk idiot was shouted down, and rightly so.

Who is anyone to tell others when they can and can't leave? That's what I can't understand. This thread is nonsense

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Where does he work? Must take at least 15 minutes to get to/from the stadium, and then there's 15 minutes half time. Hardly seems worth it.
He's a service engineer. we just log off the system for an hour.
Just takes you out the loop for an hour so to speak
all done on a smartphone now.

Log off when you get to the stadium, log on when you leave :smile:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm the last leaver... I stay til 11pm! I'm the besterest ever fan.

Rubbish I hide in the toilets and scavenge left overs from the catering outlets in between games I have not left the Amex now since the Doncaster game I am always there and I claim the bestest supporter award.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I still marvel at this concept given that there's never any queue after about 25 minutes.

You mean you live in Brighton, and don't really understand anyone else's travel issues.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
All those that moan are in all likelihood poorly paid 9-5 employees that answer customer enquiries for a living, live in rented accommodation and are frustrated by their own lives and their overall lack of a achieving anything of note. Life & work for others does not start at Monday at 9

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

If you were a player getting ever so worked up about paying customers leaving their seats before the game finished, it would suggest you were not sufficiently focused on what was happening on the pitch.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So what? We get 20 or so games a year at home. Surely people can forgo a pie at half time and take a bit longer to get home in order to watch the whole bloody game? It was embarrassing yesterday (cue all the "I pay my money and can leave when I like" brigade).

There have been so many threads on this (at least one of which I started), but still makes me as mad as hell. I really would prefer these "bad fans" not to bother to come to games if they cannot stay until the end. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. It's two hours out of the day once every two weeks or so for 9 months of the year.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
If you were a player getting ever so worked up about paying customers leaving their seats before the game finished, it would suggest you were not sufficiently focused on what was happening on the pitch.

Rubbish. The crowd clearly do make a difference to the players, and that's nothing to do with the players' professionalism, it's human nature.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
There have been so many threads on this (at least one of which I started), but still makes me as mad as hell. I really would prefer these "bad fans" not to bother to come to games if they cannot stay until the end. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. It's two hours out of the day once every two weeks or so for 9 months of the year.

Behave yourself

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Well said...

This.

At least they bother to turn up which is more important than the time they decide to leave.

It happens at every club, we are not unique.

It will never change. Deal with it.

Hurrah !!......somebody talking sense at last. These threads are getting tedious - if you wanna stay til the end feel free, if you wanna go a few minutes early, go ahead!! There are more important things going on in the world to worry about surely!! :facepalm:

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

absolutely this!!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think a lot more stayed than normal, possibly due to the warm weather, feel good factor from the amazing scoreline and end of season relaxed feel.

Other than the ES .... christ that emptied rapidly in the last 10 minutes.

How do you know how empty the west was by comparison? It's impossible to tell how empty the stand you're in looks from the other side of the pitch. All stands emptied fairly quickly as far as I could see - but definitely more people staying behind than at other matches. I agree with the general consensus that when the team plays like that people should stay and applaud them off the pitch, even if it means you might get home 30 minutes later than usual. How often do we win 6-1, ffs?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here