Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tommy elphick

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5647618 said:
Well played Tommy E!

He was that good, you had to post the message twice! lol.

But yes agree, a good player, great professional and seemingly a nice bloke too. With Tommy leading the side, Eddie Howe managing it, and the other exciting talent they have there, l can see the Cherries being a force in the Championship if they make the step up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He was that good, you had to post the message twice! lol.

But yes agree, a good player, great professional and seemingly a nice bloke too. With Tommy leading the side, Eddie Howe managing it, and the other exciting talent they have there, l can see the Cherries being a force in the Championship if they make the step up.

PL bound probably, especially with their vast stadium.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe we could invite T Elphick back to be the first player to ceremoniously hoof the ball out of the Amex. Unless he's unavailable in which case we could ask Adam Virgo to do the honours. Or Hoofmeister Butters who taught them all they know :lol:

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I've been following their results this season and it was interesting that they went through a really bad spell when Tommy was injured and started winning again as soon as he returned.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
My favourite memory of Tommy (apart from the pre-match ritual and the goal at Villa) was the Bristol Rovers away game under Slade, the season we stayed up. Everyone was outstanding that night including Tommy, but what stood out for me was when Hinshelwood went down heavily under a really nasty crunching tackle in the first half. He'd not been long back from a career threathening injury. Tommy sprinted over to him to put a reassuring arm around him and offering some encourgaing words and support. The concnern he showed for Hinsh hat night has left a deep impression on me. A born leader and a top pro.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My favourite memory of Tommy (apart from the pre-match ritual and the goal at Villa) was the Bristol Rovers away game under Slade, the season we stayed up. Everyone was outstanding that night including Tommy, but what stood out for me was when Hinshelwood went down heavily under a really nasty crunching tackle in the first half. He'd not been long back from a career threathening injury. Tommy sprinted over to him to put a reassuring arm around him and offering some encourgaing words and support. The concnern he showed for Hinsh hat night has left a deep impression on me. A born leader and a top pro.

Were Lambert and/or Hoskins in that Bristol Rovers team, at that time?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great player and nice lad. Well done Tommy!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I always rated Tommy & still do. More talent than he's given credit for by a lot on here. I think the rise of Bournemouth has a lot to do with his quality as a player & leader.
Well done Tommy, all the best.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

Yes I remember that game. A fantastic team effort...

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Complete legend and I hope he and Cookie can carry it on next season. We did dip when he was out, but our left back, Charlie Daniels was out at the same time and we suffered.

Impressed with your goals today!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Always glad to hear our ex players are doing well (some exceptions), must be some player with how well they are doing this season. Hopefully we will see him back at the AMEX next season. I'm sure he will get a great welcome back if he does.

Are him and cook the centre back partnership?

To answer your question,when I've checked in the papers a few times, Cook has been on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here