Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could we survive a mega-Tsunami on BBC2 now...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Due to the fact the UK is on a craton we pretty much don't need to worry. Saw an interesting Horizon pro ga few years back which suggested that a big chunk of one of the volcanoes on The Canary Islands will break off and slide in to the Atlantic and, that this will devastate the Eastern seaboard of the USA. We might get a 10 ft wave.

Half of the USA wiped out whilst we get some decent waves dude........... cool .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Half of the USA wiped out whilst we get some decent waves dude........... cool .

Just wait for that super-volcano under the Yellowstone Park to erupt. It will take out most of the Midwest and we'll have miserable summers for centuries after. No change there then.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You just KNOW there would be some morons saying "how did we win the war, a little bit of water and the whole country grinds to a halt! In Atlantis they deal with this sort of thing fine."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just wait for that super-volcano under the Yellowstone Park to erupt. It will take out most of the Midwest and we'll have miserable summers for centuries after. No change there then.

I have an abundant supply of Parsnip and Swede seeds stored against such an emergency. However, Chillies might be off for a generation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember when they were called tidal waves, not this fancy tsunami name. I live on a high hill too, so would be ok.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

I think I may have watched the same documentary, that's the one where its so big no one had realised its a volcano until they started looking at satellite pictures from space?! Remember it being 'due to go' according to one scientist, plus or minus a few hundred thousand years of course...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I remember when they were called tidal waves, not this fancy tsunami name. I live on a high hill too, so would be ok.

I think they're different, I'm of the understanding that a tsunami is caused by an undersea earthquake, whereas a tidal wave is just a big wave caused by something else, a tsunami doesn't look like a wave, but a tidal wave looks like those monsters that surfers love in Hawaii.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

That giant asteroid is going to hit first. I think it's going to hit the west coast of the USA.

So that's all areas over there covered then.
There going to get their comeuppance for their evils.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Great programme. Would be like day after tomorrow where the government has to abandon big cities and move to 3rd world states (Burgess Hill ?). Won't get over the downs so I'll be safe.

They said last night that Brighton would "probably survive", so that's our playoff chances gone then. Oh and Spain is a goner too, so no new players for a bit either.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
..........this will devastate the Eastern seaboard of the USA.......

That giant asteroid is going to hit first. I think it's going to hit the west coast of the USA.....

And if these all happen on the same day I'll think about becoming a Muslim.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here