[Official Site] Calderon Revelling in Moment

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calde-n229-529869_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
14:18 16th April 2013
by Adam Tighe
Inigo Calderon says the squad are relishing being involved in a battle for the play-offs.The Basque full-back as been in fine form of late and is gearing up for the final four league games of the season.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "You want to arrive at the last games at the top, I wouldn’t want to be at the bottom because that is when you start to struggle and you don’t enjoy your football.
“But now we are enjoying it and when you get three points and you are closer to the main target you get a good feeling.* This is the moment everyone wants to be in and we are there.
“It’s the closest I have been to the Premier League because with four games to go we have a big chance to make the play-offs.”
Albion’s Football League Community Player of the Year has returned to the side following injuries to both Wayne Bridge and Bruno in recent months, but the modest full-back has lavished praise on his fellow defenders above himself.
“I am 31 and it is nice to be in good form but hopefully I can improve that. I don’t think too much about how I play it is more about the team. If we lose I think I played bad but if we win I think played well. I am always trying to improve.
*“At the back we have very good players with plenty of experience. For me, I couldn’t choose the back four. I love to play with Adam El-Abd because of how he defends, I love to play with Gordon Greer because I have been with him for three years already, and Matthew Upson has so much experience.
“Then I feel Lewis Dunk is going to be one of the best defenders at this club so it must be difficult for the manager but it is perfect for the team, and that is why we are defending so well.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here