Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer slip road, eastbound A27

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Hi Insider
I wasn't sure if this was a club or police job but I thought I'd start here. Obviously the club put on fantastic travel for us fans, however it's becoming increasingly frustrating/dangerous on the slip road coming off at Falmer at the slip road approaching the stadium from the west. It's a free for all, you get taxis, park and ride coaches and seagulls travel busses all going mental at the last minute trying to sneak in. It's a death trap. I watched 4 lads get out if a taxi that had nipped in who came within 5 seconds of getting killed on the night of the Charlton game. Is there anyway of perhaps letting all official coaches having priority use of the inside lane leading up to the roundabout? I know it's something that is prett hard to manage but someone IS going to get seriously hurt there soon, and it's going to come back to the football club when it happens!
I hate to moan an I hope you see from my point if view I'm just worried about someone getting hurt.
Kind Regards

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I will pass this onto the stadium transport manager, but this is the responsibility of the highways agency and police - we don't have any jurisdiction here. However, we have worked with the police to warn fans of the perils of these such actions, and that it is very, very dangerous to do so. I am not sure giving coaches priority will solve the problem, but I will pass on your comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here