Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet pleased to be a bookies favourite [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet pleased to be a bookies favourite[/h]3:00pm Thursday 11th April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2405137.jpg
Gus Poyet is happy to be regarded by bookmakers as a wanted man.
* Albion boss Gus Poyet says being constantly linked with other jobs is a compliment.

* The Uruguayan has been amongst the bookies' favourites in recent weeks for the posts at Chelsea, Reading, Sunderland and his old club Leeds, who are reportedly on the verge of appointing former Reading chief Brian McDermott.

* Poyet said: "It cannot frustrate anyone, it's always nice, and I can promise you I don't pay anyone to put it there! It's about what we are doing.

* "I suppose people think there is something interesting in the way we behave, how professional we are, how much respect we are getting in the game and how the team plays.

* "Until there is contact I don't bother. It bothers most my friends and my kids sometimes. They are always telling me things said about me.

* "I've said it many times, I don't buy newspapers, only on Sundays, so what is in the papers during the week somebody needs to tell me."

[h=4]click2find[/h]Hobbies and general interest

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here