Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So when did Twix bars get smaller

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Bloody cheek when did that happen just bit into my daily Twix bar and it's got smaller after the 2nd bite it was gone
They're always telling you on packets of food wow it's 20% bigger but they never let you know that a Twix bar is now 20% smaller :wrong:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Companies often reduce the size of the product and keep it at the same price, instead of increasing the cost.

Topic bars are the worst ones, they were already small to begin with and are practically bite size now.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Everything is getting smaller.

I'm sure a quite a few blokes on here will agree.

I quite agree. All during this cold snap things have been getting smaller. I feel cheated. You get used to a certain size, then all of sudden things start getting smaller. You can tell as soon as you pop it out of the wrapper and feel it between your fingers. My partner said that she can tell as soon as its in her mouth. It just doesn't last as long as it used to.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Bloody cheek when did that happen just bit into my daily Twix bar and it's got smaller after the 2nd bite it was gone
They're always telling you on packets of food wow it's 20% bigger but they never let you know that a Twix bar is now 20% smaller :wrong:

Its your mouth mate....its bigger and u just didn't realise it :eek:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Topic bars are the worst ones, they were already small to begin with and are practically bite size now.

Topics are my favoured snack chocolate bar. Perfectly small and there's a hazelnut in every bite. Or so they said in the t v adverts back in Thatchers day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ice cream vans are the worst culprits. No more dipping your cone in hundreds and thousands, more like tens of thousands nowadays. And don't get me started on cones with a Cadburys Flake in the top. Call that a 99? 88 more like! :rant:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I seem to remember a similar thread on wagon wheels not that long ago.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bad company as Mars and Snickers got smaller too! They then did a new version of each like limited edition which was even smaller than the smaller normal ones :/

Topics WOULD be the best choc bar except for the size. MilkyWays have the same issue!

I remember a twix being 14p, me mum used to buy me 1 every week when we went shopping but don't seem to get much change from a nugget these days! Having said that I used to deliver the Evening Argus and that was only 14p too!!! How things change!!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I remember a twix being 14p, me mum used to buy me 1 every week when we went shopping but don't seem to get much change from a nugget these days! Having said that I used to deliver the Evening Argus and that was only 14p too!!! How things change!!

Now a Twix is 65p and the argus is 65p some things never change

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here