Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playoff semi-final dates confirmed

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I hope the Away leg is Sunday.

Will involve a days hols of work otherwise.

At least a day's hols if Hull! Mid morning leave assuming a Monday 7.45 kick off, and back prob 3.30/4 am (if on coach).

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I think STH who had a season ticket in last year at Withdean will have minimum 1125 (1000 + 250/2), before you start counting home cup games (20 alone for Arsenal which everyone went to)/aways this season and a half of last season's points. Therefore guessing there will be a fair number (well over 3k with more points than you). That's not to say they will all want to go!

Ah, thanks. I'd forgotten about the Withdean STH legacy points! Could be a nerve-wracking few days if we get through ...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Cheers. I've also got 1110, so am in exactly the same position. It'd be interesting to know how many people there really are with larger numbers of points than this, given that our away attendance probably averages not much more than 1,000 (?), and a lot of those are, I think, the same people.

But those who had Withdean ST's still have more (I think, an extra couple of hundred) I've only done 5 aways this season and didn't do the Newcastle cup game. Also think our average away attendance is a lot higher than 1000, maybe more than 1500?? Knowing my luck they'll draw one of the lines at 1150 and can't see me getting one then

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
10 May = Match B 1st Leg and my birthday

the last game I went to on my birthday was the 2006 UEFA Cup Final in Eindhoven, poor Middlesbrough, stuffed 4-0 by Sevilla if I remember rightly. Here's to the same result this weekend!!
I don't think Sevilla are playing Middlesborough this weekend :thumbsup:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think we'll be playing Leicester on the Thursday night at home. Dunno why, just do.

Cant see Leicester getting 4th! With only 5 games to go they would need to close a 6 point gap on Palace (as well as get more points than us, Bolton and Forest) and still to play Bolton, Palace (away), Watford and Forest(away)!

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Excellent News.
Thought it was gonna be a week earlier.
Can make all three matches now. (if we make it, of course)
:ascarf::ascarf:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
This is definitely different to last year. They announced the precise dates, home or away, according to the position that the team finished. So when the results were in on the last day, you knew exactly where and when you would be playing. There was even a special set of permutations just in the Championship for Brighton, so that we did not play at home on the (then) Bank Holiday Monday.
I can only think the prospect of Albion v Palace needs some planning, but they will have very little time to do so. You now need ten days notice to 'organise' an FA Cup replay, but only 5 days for a play off that could be in 4 locations against any of 3 teams.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent News.
Thought it was gonna be a week earlier.
Can make all three matches now. (if we make it, of course)
:ascarf::ascarf:

They don't play the play-offs before the final game of the normal season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here