Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stag weekend warm up mix

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yup Berghain, Tresor and I can't remember the other one but it looked HUGE and SCARY from the outside.

Tacheles was incredible and I'm happy I got to experience it before it closed down.

Jeeez. Berghain I can understand as they have a very difficult door. But Tresor is usually the insurance policy as they normally let anyone in (within reason); you must have just had some bad luck that night. Tresor suffers because of the open door policy and you did not miss anything IMO. I'm guessing the HUGE and SCARY one was Kater Holzig which is on the Spree and looks largely derelict. Never give up on Berghain though as it is incredible once you're in. Your jaw just drops when you get in.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
HT - How hard is it to actually get into Berghain?

A mate and I have talked about doing a trip over there at some point as we love our Techno and everyone says how mind blowing it is, but obviously we know the door policy is a bit picky. I can kind of see how it would go already - get to the front of the queue, they ask a question in German, realise we don't speak the lingo - get out of my queue.

Usually on picky doors over here you need to let them know you're a music lover, if I learned a bit of German are they likely to take pity on us for making the effort or are we always going to be trusting a bit to luck? I quite fancy the Drumcode party in november

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
HT - How hard is it to actually get into Berghain?

A mate and I have talked about doing a trip over there at some point as we love our Techno and everyone says how mind blowing it is, but obviously we know the door policy is a bit picky. I can kind of see how it would go already - get to the front of the queue, they ask a question in German, realise we don't speak the lingo - get out of my queue.

Usually on picky doors over here you need to let them know you're a music lover, if I learned a bit of German are they likely to take pity on us for making the effort or are we always going to be trusting a bit to luck? I quite fancy the Drumcode party in november

It's not about being non-German. The club's spiel is that the strict door is to maintain what they feel is the correct mix/balance of the right people in their club. Everything I have seen myself backs this up. It's also not an elite club; in fact if you look scrubbed up/dressed up you will certainly not get in. You stand more of a chance if you're scruffy/dressed down. Certain no nos are looking too young, being dressed up, not relaxed, being loud, being too big a group. If you go as a two-some, look relaxed, scruffy-ish clothes (jeans, t-shirt, beat-up trainers) and do not draw attention to yourselve in the queue, arive around 1am, and when they ask you how many just say 'zwie personen' you stand a chance. The rest is luck on the night. Everyone who gets in regularly has a tale or two of not getting in; if it happens you just have to take it on the chin. IMO talking will not do anything as it is not always about you but about those already inside. Also, if you fail on the Saturday night then try again on the Sunday morning/day time.

The club is open all day Sunday and the door is more relaxed than at peak SAturday night time.

Good luck. Once you are inside it really is 'mind blowing.' as everyone says :smile:

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Cheers for that. Doesn't sound as daunting as I thought then, pretty much standard rules for decent clubs but just enforced a bit harder. The best parties have always had a selective door policy, that's why they're the best parties!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheers for that. Doesn't sound as daunting as I thought then, pretty much standard rules for decent clubs but just enforced a bit harder. The best parties have always had a selective door policy, that's why they're the best parties!

No worries. There's a fair bit about the Berghain door on the net. It's not an exact science but you can do a lot to help yourself. Also have a back up plan: Club der Visionaere and Golden Gate are great smaller but typically local 'Berlin' alternatives.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We'd probably save Berghain for the sunday morning anyway once all the lightweights have gone home. Local venues sound good to me, would be cool experience a proper Berlin night rather then follow all the tourists, a shoebox with a massive soundsystem and a decent crowd is all you need. As you said earlier, Tresor should be a goer if all else fails.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We'd probably save Berghain for the sunday morning anyway once all the lightweights have gone home. Local venues sound good to me, would be cool experience a proper Berlin night rather then follow all the tourists, a shoebox with a massive soundsystem and a decent crowd is all you need. As you said earlier, Tresor should be a goer if all else fails.

The two I mentioned should be okay to get into. Only a few euros to get in so you could easily do both.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
we are also going to see Herta Berlin play SV Sandhausen

You might be in for a treat because Hertha BSC could get promoted this weekend. A win will seal it, but they could still confirm promotion with a draw or defeat depending on other results.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gutted I wont be at the Amex today

A couple of match day tips: 1) use the S-Bahn station at Olympiastadion especially post match. It has 10 platforms and s special matchday service with trains lined up ready to take you away from the ground every 5-10 mins post match. The U-Bahn only has 1 platform and a regular service. 2) your match day ticket, in effect, doubles as a city wide travel card valid to "take you home" until 3am the next day. It's all detailed in small English print on the reverse.

Enjoy the game...Ha Ho He, Hertha BSC!

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
A couple of match day tips: 1) use the S-Bahn station at Olympiastadion especially post match. It has 10 platforms and s special matchday service with trains lined up ready to take you away from the ground every 5-10 mins post match. The U-Bahn only has 1 platform and a regular service. 2) your match day ticket, in effect, doubles as a city wide travel card valid to "take you home" until 3am the next day. It's all detailed in small English print on the reverse.

Enjoy the game...Ha Ho He, Hertha BSC!

Yeah used that station but didn't realise the matchday ticket was used on the train too :( never mind it was like 4 euro's return.
The game was AWFUL!!!!! Herta had 99% of the play but just couldn't do anything with it, both teams looked god awful......the atmosphere was amazing and so was the weather :) 52,500 odd fans in the stadium which looked fantastic, so much history and we got the result we wanted they scored in pretty much the last minutes of the game Herta won 1 - nil Clinching promotion - Beers in plastic cups you could drink in your seats :)
Here's a video of when they scored .....
You think the northstand is good you should check out these guys "north stand" non stop noise and jumping around for 90mins! with the biggest flags ever :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah used that station but didn't realise the matchday ticket was used on the train too :( never mind it was like 4 euro's return.
The game was AWFUL!!!!! Herta had 99% of the play but just couldn't do anything with it, both teams looked god awful......the atmosphere was amazing and so was the weather :) 52,500 odd fans in the stadium which looked fantastic, so much history and we got the result we wanted they scored in pretty much the last minutes of the game Herta won 1 - nil Clinching promotion - Beers in plastic cups you could drink in your seats :)
Here's a video of when they scored .....
You think the northstand is good you should check out these guys "north stand" non stop noise and jumping around for 90mins! with the biggest flags ever :)

Hmmmmm. I didn't think Hertha were that bad. Hertha started with only Ramos up front (as usual) and Sandhauser played five across the back. They quickly brought on Wagner and played with 2 strikers but Sandhauser put 11 behind the ball for most of the game and were difficult to get through. I guess you are conditioned to Brighton and anything less than tippy-tappy is dismissed :smile: That said Hertha eventually broke them down and won. They needed the win and got it.

But yeah, great atmosphere eh? Same as most grounds to be honest.

What did you get up to aside from the football? Which neighbourhoods did you frequent? Clubs? Bars?

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Hmmmmm. I didn't think Hertha were that bad. Hertha started with only Ramos up front (as usual) and Sandhauser played five across the back. They quickly brought on Wagner and played with 2 strikers but Sandhauser put 11 behind the ball for most of the game and were difficult to get through. I guess you are conditioned to Brighton and anything less than tippy-tappy is dismissed :smile: That said Hertha eventually broke them down and won. They needed the win and got it.

But yeah, great atmosphere eh? Same as most grounds to be honest.

What did you get up to aside from the football? Which neighbourhoods did you frequent? Clubs? Bars?

They tried to play the ball around but it just wasn't happening - I guess it was an off day for them!

Apart from the football it was non stop drinking lol we did a beer bike, boat trip, loads of bars and clubs :) the best club was tresor ; which was an old safe underground playing some banging house and techno

We also did a local beer house which was epic also; here's the locals doing a conga to the umpa band ...random!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here