Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua ready to help end reign of "nice" guy Pearson [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]LuaLua ready to help end reign of "nice" guy Pearson[/h]3:40pm Friday 5th April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2373418.jpg
LuaLua was given his first start at Newcastle by Pearson
KAZENGA LuaLua could help end the reign of the “nice” guy responsible for his big break on Tyneside.
Leicester manager Nigel Pearson’s job is under threat, so the last thing he needs is LuaLua running riot for Albion at The Amex tomorrow.
Duty calls for the Seagulls’ unpredictable left-winger but he will always be grateful to Pearson for a significant moment in his professional career.
Pearson was in his second stint as Newcastle’s caretaker manager when he handed LuaLua his home debut shortly after his 17th birthday as a substitute in an FA Cup replay against Stoke at St James’ Park five years ago.
LuaLua, together with Andy Carroll, joined forces from the bench with Michael Owen in a 4-1 victory for the Toon prior to the return of Kevin Keegan.
LuaLua said: “It was a nice moment. I was young at the time and to make your (home) debut for a club like Newcastle is massive, so it was nice of him (Pearson) to give me that.
“He’s a hungry man, very, very aggressive, but a nice man as well. He’s nice when you do your job properly but when you are not doing it properly that’s when he gets mad.
“You never know what their Board are thinking for him but for me he is a nice man, that is the only thing I can say about him.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here