Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remaining fixtures for clubs in contention

My full table prediction has Wolves still fighting on the last day. And 53 points not being enough to stay up.

91 Cardiff City
84 Hull City
79 Watford
77 Crystal Palace
72 Nottingham Forest
71 Brighton & Hove Albion
69 Leicester City
64 Bolton Wanderers
64 Middlesbrough
62 Millwall
61 Birmingham City
61 Leeds United
60 Derby County
59 Burnley
59 Charlton Athletic
58 Ipswich Town
57 Huddersfield Town
56 Blackburn Rovers
56 Sheffield Wednesday
55 Blackpool
53 Peterborough United
53 Wolverhampton Wndrs
53 Barnsley
46 Bristol City

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I have us missing out on the play-offs on goal difference, which i good news as I know F.A. about football

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I have Leicester going to pieces, Hull and Cardiff ending up neck and neck and Bolton catching up.

table.png

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Out of interest, where do you have Leicester finishing?

Leicester 9th with 64 points. I just put numbers in and thought they were going to continue their trend, they've got a pretty tough run-in.

This prediction has EVERY team in the top six scoring more points on average in the next six games than they have managed to get in the first 39 (seven and 38, in the case of Cardiff). Extremely unlikely.

That's the problem with the BBC predictor - who would have imagined a set of results like those we have seen in the last two days?

Leicester may be collapsing, but they will get more than 5 points from their next six games.

DavePage

1 Cardiff 93
2 Hull 87
------------------------
3 Watford 83
4 Brighton 79
5 Palace 77
6 Leicester 71
------------------------
7 Forest 71
8 Brum 69
20 Sheff Wed 53
21 P'boro 52
------------------------
22 Wolves 51
23 Barnsley 50
24 Bristol City 41

That was fun

So far this season, Albion have won an average of 1.79 points per game at home and 1.3 points per game when playing away. That points to a further 7 points coming our way at home and 4 more points coming from away games. The most likely way that this will be achieved is:-

Home wins against Blackpool and Wolves, a draw against Charlton, and a defeat to Leicester. An away win at Peterborough, a draw at Leeds, and a defeat to Middlesbrough.

Alternatively, you can look at our performances against teams in the top half of the table and, separately, teams in the bottom half. We've won an average of 1.15 points per game against top half teams and 1.9 points per game against bottom half teams. Carry on like that and there are 3 points coming our way from Leicester, Middlesbough and Leeds (I reckon a victory at Leeds is the most likely way) and 8 points from the four games against bottom half opposition (wins against Peterborough and Wolves, draws against Charlton and Blackpool).

Either way, we end up with 71 points. But we can achieve this with nothing better than a draw against Charlton and defeats against Leicester City and Middlesbrough.

My REAL prediction is that all hell will break out on NSC if we only achieve one point from the next three games, but there's no need to panic - because we'll still be on target to get 71 points and get into the playoffs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really starting to enjoy the run in after the last 2 results.

I feel good about as getting 3 points vs Charlton, and that we'll beat Leicester ( am I right in thinking Wes Morgan will be suspended ??? ).

At that point we are truly half way to the playoffs I'd say.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
This.

If we're ahead of leicester and in top 6 with 3 games to go, i'd fancy us with 2 home games and their tough last 3 with 2 away.

But anything can happen, lose on tuesday and its all up in the air again

With only 1 available striker that Gus is prepared to play,i have got more chance of getting to the moon than the Albion have of reaching the play offs.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So far this season, Albion have won an average of 1.79 points per game at home and 1.3 points per game when playing away. That points to a further 7 points coming our way at home and 4 more points coming from away games. The most likely way that this will be achieved is:-

Home wins against Blackpool and Wolves, a draw against Charlton, and a defeat to Leicester. An away win at Peterborough, a draw at Leeds, and a defeat to Middlesbrough.

Alternatively, you can look at our performances against teams in the top half of the table and, separately, teams in the bottom half. We've won an average of 1.15 points per game against top half teams and 1.9 points per game against bottom half teams. Carry on like that and there are 3 points coming our way from Leicester, Middlesbough and Leeds (I reckon a victory at Leeds is the most likely way) and 8 points from the four games against bottom half opposition (wins against Peterborough and Wolves, draws against Charlton and Blackpool).

Either way, we end up with 71 points. But we can achieve this with nothing better than a draw against Charlton and defeats against Leicester City and Middlesbrough.

My REAL prediction is that all hell will break out on NSC if we only achieve one point from the next three games, but there's no need to panic - because we'll still be on target to get 71 points and get into the playoffs.

What role does recently play in the stats? If you look at season averages that ignores the Ulloa effect. Would/should that influence the stats?

What role does recently play in the stats? If you look at season averages that ignores the Ulloa effect. Would/should that influence the stats?
Recent results give me more optimism. But I prefer that to be a bonus, rather than translate the optimism into numbers.

Remember John Cleese in Clockwise? "It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand".

[yt]_b6mrq1Enrw[/yt]

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With only 1 available striker that Gus is prepared to play,i have got more chance of getting to the moon than the Albion have of reaching the play offs.

That's strange, because he played two strikers in the second half at Forest yesterday.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Really starting to enjoy the run in after the last 2 results.

I feel good about as getting 3 points vs Charlton, and that we'll beat Leicester ( am I right in thinking Wes Morgan will be suspended ??? ).

At that point we are truly half way to the playoffs I'd say.

Nope, Morgan only misses tomorrow's game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I see Hull winning the championship Cardiff second ...with plenty of upsets still to happen ..Watford seem capable of scoring goals at will but nerves might get to them ...surely Leicestershire bad run will end at some time ...and so on

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Recent results give me more optimism. But I prefer that to be a bonus, rather than translate the optimism into numbers.

Remember John Cleese in Clockwise? "It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand".

[yt]_b6mrq1Enrw[/yt]

One of my favourite quotes and often used in relation to the Albion/SNCC/England football over the years. Not sure it applies as much to the Albion these days ... We'll see.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here