Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 matches you re-live and attend again...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
My top 5 have almost certainly already been included somewhere within the various selections already on this thread.

However, I had to just agree with CheeseRolls. The 4-4 draw against Orient in the closing weeks of that epic 1997 run in was awesome. The game that truly had it all. Obviously the three points would have been nice but that match above all others is the one where I came away thinking I had just got real value for money. Pure entertainment.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) 2-1 v Donny at the Amex....tears in the eyes.....amazing.
2) 7-0 v Walsall...0-0 at HT...soaked to the skin...bored...28 mins later 7-0...Ward4 Mellor 3...could have got 12 if they'd really tried.
3) 1-1 v Derby LCup 76 ish....Most amazing opening 60 seconds I've ever seen...Charlie George clean through from kick-off..brilliant save..slick passing move to their box..Wardy smashes rocket into top corner...33,000 going mad...couldn't hear yourself think.
4) Last day at the Goldstone...more rain...the last post...Storer....talking to John Vinicombe afterwards who was close to tears..walking on the pitch..dreaming of Smith and Gould and Livesey and Napier and Ward and Mellor and Horton and Lawrenson and Case and...so many more...taking home bit of turf and goal netting...soaked but didn't care...didn't want to go home....felt part of me died that day.
5) Difficult choice...so many others...so first game ever...Tranmere 1965..24,000..old 4th Division..Norman Gall heads winner in last minute...all downhill since then!..

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Brighton 1 Aston Villa 0 Charity Shield
Brighton 4 Lincoln City 0 1977 my first ever Brighton game.
Brighton 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1 I'm a bit taller now and might be able to see all the pitch from the back of the clock end.
Germany 1 England 5 just to see if I really was that shocked walking around Munich after the game.
England 4 Holland 1 the last time we could call the England team great.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Brighton 1 Aston Villa 0 Charity Shield
Brighton 4 Lincoln City 0 1977 my first ever Brighton game.
Brighton 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1 I'm a bit taller now and might be able to see all the pitch from the back of the clock end.
Germany 1 England 5 just to see if I really was that shocked walking around Munich after the game.
England 4 Holland 1 the last time we could call the England team great.

Was the 5-1 in Munich not 5 years after the holland game ???

Feb 3, 2013
Liverpool - Brighton 83 1-2
Brighton - Norwich 83 1-0
Sheffield Wednesday - Brighton FA Cup semi 1-2
Man Utd - Brighton Cup final 2-2
Bristol City - Brighton 2002 Final.
Spurs - Brighton 82 0-1
Palace - Brighton 0-1

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Liverpool - Brighton 83 1-2
Brighton - Norwich 83 1-0
Sheffield Wednesday - Brighton FA Cup semi 1-2
Man Utd - Brighton Cup final 2-2
Bristol City - Brighton 2002 Final.
Spurs - Brighton 82 0-1
Palace - Brighton 0-1

The Spurs/ BHA game was 1981.

With barely a thought and to choose from so many.....
Newcastle 1- 3 Albion
Forest 0-1 Albion
Liverpool 1-2 Albion
Albion 2-0 Bournemouth (Boxing Day '71)
Albion 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday (Promotion '76)

Some good one's here from you Ken. I'll def go with the 1-3 at St James's Park (my bestest day out with the Albion ever) and the B'muff game over Christmas all those years back. The promotion game vs Darlington in '65 and the home draw vs Chelsea in the FAC ('67?) also spring to mind together with the second half "monsoon" 7-0 drubbing of Walsall in 1977/8? We had our own Ponomagboy at that one who whimped off to the Stadium in Holmes Av at half-time. For this reason the 3-2 win over Leicester at Withdean gets an honorable mention as a sub and the LC tie vs Wolves (Curran & Dougan inc) where I, together with a large number of the 5/6th forms at Hove CGS got detentions for bunking off Speech Day,

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Was the 5-1 in Munich not 5 years after the holland game ???

Just playing devil's advocate, but history will look back on that as being a very, very poor Germany side.

Only 3 outfield players that started that game were left in the side that played in the World Cup final the following year.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Some good one's here from you Ken. I'll def go with the 1-3 at St James's Park (my bestest day out with the Albion ever) and the B'muff game over Christmas all those years back. The promotion game vs Darlington in '65 and the home draw vs Chelsea in the FAC ('67?) also spring to mind together with the second half "monsoon" 7-0 drubbing of Walsall in 1977/8? We had our own Ponomagboy at that one who whimped off to the Stadium in Holmes Av at half-time. For this reason the 3-2 win over Leicester at Withdean gets an honorable mention as a sub and the LC tie vs Wolves (Curran & Dougan inc) where I, together with a large number of the 5/6th forms at Hove CGS got detentions for bunking off Speech Day,

Except that Dougan didn't play, did he? My abiding memories of that Wolves game are of the toilet rolls thrown from the North Stand when we scored (twice). No, I wasn't as Speech day either ...

BTW, has anyone mentioned the Man City League Cup tie or the 4-3 Dagenham promotion match? Two Withdean classics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here