Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amanda Knox verdict, overturned... here we go again...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyway. I have an opinion. I have expressed it. Carry on and feel free to disagree. Have a great day.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Anyway. I have an opinion. I have expressed it. Carry on and feel free to disagree. Have a great day.

Cool Beans Mr Spielberg you too, I may have over reacted with the crass comment. I just hear the same from the wifes family all because she is an Amercian sweetheart and no way could an American possibly be guilty.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
innocent or guilt aside, i feel she's milking the attention for financial gain. you'd have though she'd want to put it behind and move on. asking for the family to allow her to visit the grave for some personally cathartic closure, when she is free to go there anyway, suggests too much calculation for my tastes.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Shes either the coldest bitch on Gods green earth or she is totally innocent. My money is on bitch.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Shes either the coldest bitch on Gods green earth or she is totally innocent. My money is on bitch.

I'd say somewhere in the middle of that - She should fight to clear her name if she is totally innocent (but I doubt she will bother) and equally she should say what she knows about what happened to Meredith for the sake and sanity of the Kercher family. Her room mate is dead and I think she 'owes' them that at least.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd say somewhere in the middle of that - She should fight to clear her name if she is totally innocent (but I doubt she will bother) and equally she should say what she knows about what happened to Meredith for the sake and sanity of the Kercher family. Her room mate is dead and I think she 'owes' them that at least.

Maybe she has said all she knows?

She was tried in Italy and acquitted by an Italian judge and jury.

That's not my understanding; I thought that she was convicted by an Italian court, but then successfully appealed her conviction on the basis that the DNA evidence (Meredith's DNA was found on a knife in Raffaele Solicito's apartment) was unreliable. However rather than re-test the knife (which would have massively helped to confirm either the validity or non-validity of the original DNA evidence) the judge ruled simply that there wasn't sufficient evidence for a conviction, hence she walked free. Happy for someone to correct me if this isn't right.

I have seen very little of the subsequent media coverage, so don't have a view on whether she's guilty or not based on appearances or comments; but I do believe that the successful appeal was based on a lack of 'concrete' evidence, rather than any evidence of her innocence.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Maybe she has said all she knows?

I don't believe she has said much at all but maybe all she knows will be revealed in her book ? In her TV appearance I got the impression she is playing the 'victim' role and asking to be treated as a human being ... all very sad and no comfort to the Kercher family who have lost a daughter.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
if she wasn't fit, the papers would have dropped the story years ago

Or a white female.

I can't see past the fact that she lied through her teeth in saying that the bar owner was responsible for the murder, when it turns out that he had a cast iron alibi and was nowhere near the house on the night.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't believe she has said much at all but maybe all she knows will be revealed in her book ? In her TV appearance I got the impression she is playing the 'victim' role and asking to be treated as a human being ... all very sad and no comfort to the Kercher family who have lost a daughter.

Just imagine for a moment that she is innocent and I would say she most certainly has been a victim, she has gone through hell. Her appearance and testimony and reaction at the court convinced me of her innocence but I guess we will never know for sure.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And this business about her looks getting her off, I would have thought the opposite was more likely. People would find her guilty and would be far more likely to find a munter and someone they felt sorry for, innocent.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Just imagine for a moment that she is innocent and I would say she most certainly has been a victim, she has gone through hell. Her appearance and testimony and reaction at the court convinced me of her innocence but I guess we will never know for sure.

I'd say that moment passed very quickly for me - she has lied in court, tried to implicate someone who has an alibi, shows no regret for what has happened to Meredith and has walked away on a technicality - I hope she can prove her innocence with evidence but not seen anything that would lead me to trust a word she says. I'm sure the book money will allow her to rebuild her life so I don't feel sorry for her at all. Yet again it appears the true victim is the one overlooked.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I'd say that moment passed very quickly for me - she has lied in court, tried to implicate someone who has an alibi, shows no regret for what has happened to Meredith and has walked away on a technicality - I hope she can prove her innocence with evidence but not seen anything that would lead me to trust a word she says. I'm sure the book money will allow her to rebuild her life so I don't feel sorry for her at all. Yet again it appears the true victim is the one overlooked.
She does not need to prove her innocence; the system relies on the state having to prove guilt, before which innocence is presumed. In this case they have more or less no evidence of guilt, and the lack of evidence is what was rejected at the second trial.
I would have like to see her tried on the lying to the police because we might have been able to judge the truth about whether she was coerced/bullied/beaten in to a confession. If she lied in court she should pay for that, but not by being convicted of murder. The "true victim" is not overlooked - her killer is in prison having admitted the fact for a reduced sentence.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

this 100%. There can be no sympathy for this girl until she grows up, stops trying to save her own skin, and does the decent thing. Just watched her interviewed on Good Morning America, why doesnt anyone have the bollocks to say - "you were there - what happened?".

It is so sad this mad girl is still playing this game. she is wrecking her own life as well as others. She has saved her skin, time to do the right thing. Why arent more people telling her this. I would rather my kid did four years and walked out with a bit clearer conscience, than help her live a lie for the rest of her life.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
her killer is in prison having admitted the fact for a reduced sentence.

He changed his story so many times, you don't know what to believe. I don't know if she is guilty or not, but I'm reasonably sure she knows more than she's let on - she changed her story quite a bit too. Watched her interview on TV this week and did not find her convincing in the least, but that may have just been trying to sell books.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Or a white female.

I can't see past the fact that she lied through her teeth in saying that the bar owner was responsible for the murder, when it turns out that he had a cast iron alibi and was nowhere near the house on the night.

You have saved me making exactly the same point. The fact she was quite happy to frame an innocent man for murder in order to save her own arse, shows what a calculating piece of work she really is. She knows more than she is letting on about the death of Meredith Kercher.

Cashing in on the murder of Meredith Kercher is crass beyond belief. No doubt, Knox will be doing the tv network circuit (remember to shed a few tears) plus a few trash rag interview's to raise her profile & make a few $'s.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Cashing in on the murder of Meredith Kercher is crass beyond belief. No doubt, Knox will be doing the tv network circuit (remember to shed a few tears) plus a few trash rag interview's to raise her profile & make a few $'s.

If you believe she's innocent that doesn't seem very fair. She could never work to earn any money, the lawyers must have cost a fortune, a book deal/TV is her only source of income, though I think her family had a bit, but I bet her lawyers over 6 years must have been many hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not mills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here