Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amanda Knox verdict, overturned... here we go again...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Meredith's family won't agree with anything from anyone. She has been aqquited and the family cannot accept that. They will never know what happened in that room that night. Those alive will never tell and Meredith is dead. The family will very likely never know the truth. They'd be better off spending less time talking to solicitors (who have everything to gain from this case going on for years) and more time talking to therapists and counsillors to move on in their lives.

If Meredith were my daughter I'd never stop seeking justice.
If Amanda Knox looked like Rose West, there would be a load of people on here calling for the rope...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Or spend us much time as possible ruining the lives of Knox and her boyfriend for as long as they can.

A. That's not true, this will likely hardly affect Knox. She won't be going to court and she won't be spending any more jail time over it.

B. Hardly the healthiest way to get on with their lives

C. Only solicitors will gain from this.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
A. That's not true, this will likely hardly affect Knox. She won't be going to court and she won't be spending any more jail time over it.

B. Hardly the healthiest way to get on with their lives

C. Only solicitors will gain from this.

It'll give Knox and her boyfriend something to spend their book/movie royalties on then won't it. :thumbsup:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If the re-trial comes back with a guilty verdict I'm pretty sure fighting extradition comes at a cost.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If the re-trial comes back with a guilty verdict I'm pretty sure fighting extradition comes at a cost.

They likely won'thave to fight it, U.S will probably just refuse it. If they did have to fight it then yes, probably cost a bit but that's just more money for other people isn't it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They likely won'thave to fight it, U.S will probably just refuse it. If they did have to fight it then yes, probably cost a bit but that's just more money for other people isn't it.

Even though they signed a treaty in 1983? They have no choice if the new trial is done by the book,otherwise what would be the point of a treaty in the first place? Besides, if she's as innocent as she says, what has she got to fear going back to clear her name? Two Italian marines have voluntarily gone back to India to face similar charges. No difference in my book. But hey, these are just my opinions on the matter. You have yours, which i will respect.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
If Amanda Knox looked like Rose West, there would be a load of people on here calling for the rope...

Very true...but a sad state of times that the looks of a girl can influence public opinion as to whether she is guilty or not...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Very true...but a sad state of times that the looks of a girl can influence public opinion as to whether she is guilty or not...

And tragic that effectively the media can control the opinion on that. Everyone has a rough picture from time to time, as we see from the press when no end of beautiful women have a pap-shot taken of them looking rough from time to time.

Suspect in a murder case, and an editor has a munter shot and a beautiful shot of the same person sat on their desk, and that first image is what everyone will remember .... and sadly base their prejudices on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Even though they signed a treaty in 1983? They have no choice if the new trial is done by the book,otherwise what would be the point of a treaty in the first place? Besides, if she's as innocent as she says, what has she got to fear going back to clear her name? Two Italian marines have voluntarily gone back to India to face similar charges. No difference in my book. But hey, these are just my opinions on the matter. You have yours, which i will respect.

All good points.

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street

The billionaire Donald Trump financed her legal representation and appeal which got her sprung from Italian jail,against all the odds.

American cable networks claim her as their own,"our girl",and think of her as being persecuted because she's an American.

She is financed by big players on the American right who see her as a poster girl for their values.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The billionaire Donald Trump financed her legal representation and appeal which got her sprung from Italian jail,against all the odds.

American cable networks claim her as their own,"our girl",and think of her as being persecuted because she's an American.

She is financed by big players on the American right who see her as a poster girl for their values.

This is one of the reasons the world hates America.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
She is not guilty.
Many of the things she has said would only be expressed by an innocent person, and it's too difficult to fabricate such things. A guilty person is also best off staying silent - and not writing a book either!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As someone has said, AK must know what happened that night and all the time she doesn't disclose this the suspicion will remain that she and her boyfriend were somehow involved.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She is innocent and should be allowed to get on with her life now. Any money she has made with the book an chat shows is only because of the way the Italian justice system handled it all and wanted a fall girl. The longer it goes on the more money she will make and who can blame her.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How the hell do you know that for sure !

What a bold and crass statement.

How do you know she is guilty ? If I am crass so is every juror or anyone who weighs up all the evidence and makes a judgement so every judgement is then in itself bold and crass :ffsparr: She was tried in Italy and acquitted by an Italian judge and jury. From what I have seen I am utterly convinced she is innocent and that is my opinion, feel free to have a different opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here