Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee backs Bridcutt for Scots role [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]McGhee backs Bridcutt for Scots role[/h]5:00pm Wednesday 20th March 2013 in Albion
2373466.jpg
Laim Bridcutt is in Scotland's squad for Friday's game
Scotland*assistant manager Mark McGhee believes Liam Bridcutt is the ideal candidate for a holding midfield role should Gordon Strachan decide to play an anchor man.
The Albion midfielder was a surprise inclusion in Strachan’s squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Wales and Serbia and could make his debut against Chris Coleman’s side at Hampden on Friday night.
Bridcutt, 23, has been a key factor in the Seagulls’ success under Gus Poyet.
Former Albion boss McGhee said: “He’s such a consistent performer. I live in Brighton so I go to games there more often than I watch other teams.
“So over the last couple of years I have seen a lot of him and I don’t think I have seen the boy play badly.
“He is not the most creative player in the world – I don’t think he will be offended if I say that – but his level of performance is so consistent. You know exactly what you are going to get.
“He plays in front of the back four and he breaks things down and keeps the ball.
“If the manager decides we need somebody to do that job, in terms of who we have available to us at this moment in time, there is no one better at that job.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here