Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyprus finance problems

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I read today that the church in CY has now offered to help in the bailout by mortgaging a load of its properties, including the KEO brewey. Well, they've avoided paying tax there for over 50 years, so I guess it's about time they gave something back. Might be a glimmer at the end of the tunnel for them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How are the businesses like the shops, restaurants and bars trading if the banks are shut and will be until next week, so nobody can get any money. Are they still able to use cards?

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
How are the businesses like the shops, restaurants and bars trading if the banks are shut and will be until next week, so nobody can get any money. Are they still able to use cards?

Pretty much business as usual. However a big increase of credit card use in most shops etc. Petrol pumps only taking cash though. Cash machines just about dry so we could see a few problems kicking in next week.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Pretty much business as usual. However a big increase of credit card use in most shops etc. Petrol pumps only taking cash though. Cash machines just about dry so we could see a few problems kicking in next week.

Hope it works out for you all.

As I said before, great Country and people.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
And those pictures of Protaras, and Fig Tree Bay as it once posted by SuperPhil show how beautiful it was before mass tourism spoilt it (IMO)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here