Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha Banned + Fined

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I agree Biscuit. It's not really right. Zaha should have got three matches as it was a straight red offence.

Not all straight reds carry a three game ban.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I bet the rest of the Palace players are pleased. They might actually get passed the ball in the attacking third.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Then open that can of worms.

The rule at present is a farce.

This.

Apparently the FA were unable to take any action because the 4th Official saw it clearly and decided nothing was wrong so it had been seen and no action taken. So the main culprit is the 4th official. As you say the rules need changing so that action can be taken retrospectively if they consider it necessary and deserving. I think a ban for Zaha for this is wrong, although as it is Zaha probably not, but Sir Alex probably added his twopenneth to stop him playing.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Glad he got banned, but happy that he played on Sunday
Can you imagine if we'd won without him playing, we'd never hear the last of it

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
This.

Apparently the FA were unable to take any action because the 4th Official saw it clearly and decided nothing was wrong so it had been seen and no action taken. So the main culprit is the 4th official. As you say the rules need changing so that action can be taken retrospectively if they consider it necessary and deserving. I think a ban for Zaha for this is wrong, although as it is Zaha probably not, but Sir Alex probably added his twopenneth to stop him playing.
It also appeared that the linesman was looking straight at the incident and saw nothing wrong with it either.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I bet the rest of the Palace players are pleased. They might actually get passed the ball in the attacking third.

Funny that, my son said he reminded me of the players you get in the school playground who think they are better than they are so never pass the ball

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He is banned for the Friday night game on Sky against Birmingham.
But the fans are not too concerned they have Dobbie coming back:facepalm:
Interesting that Birmingham are on a bit of a run and are third in the current form guide. Palace must be due another home defeat.:thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's hope Bridge wasn't at the personal hearing FA front door to meet him. Yes, that's right, he wouldn't have got past him.

And also, let's hope Bridge checked his loose change as Zaha needs to pay a fine, and did spend a lot of time on Sunday in Wayne's pocket :lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

Isn't he on 8/9 yellows for the season anyway? Does this affect it at all?

Thinking about it, isn't the deadline the end of this month for yellow card suspensions? If he is on 9 yellows then missing their game against Birmingham means he definitely won't be getting a further 2 match suspension.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
He's a jumped up git, he will get banned and banned next year if he doesn't chill out and walk away from trouble. Opposition players know they can wind him up and personally I think that constant step overs won't get him very far in the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here