Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Ulloa Scoops Spanish Award

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Leonardo Ulloa returned to Spain to pick up his award for finishing last season as the Segunda Division top scorer.The Albion striker netted 28 goals for former club Almeria last term and was handed the Pichichi trophy at a ceremony hosted by Marca newspaper at the Palacio de Cibeles in Madrid.
Ulloa, still basking in the glow of his two goals for Albion against Crystal Palace, was delighted with his award.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I am very happy with this award for all the goals I scored last season.
"I had an amazing year, scoring a lot of goals and the team did well. I still feel bad though because the goals did not mean we were able to reach the play-offs. We were fighting during the season but at the end we had a bad run, so I expect the team to make one more step this time and I wish that everything goes well for them.
"Those goals meant I secured this transfer to Brighton. Now I am living a new experience and I am very happy. I hope that the goals I am scoring means the team can end the season in the top six.”
Ulloa’s brace in the 3-0 win against the Eagles helped put Albion level on points with sixth-placed Leicester, and the striker is confident ahead of the Championship run-in.
"We know that the play-off push will be hard and all the teams are doing well, but I have a lot of faith in this team.
“We are playing really, really good football, especially at home, and we are creating a lot of chances. I am expecting us to now pick up improved results away from home because that is going to be key for us. To reach the play-offs is our goal and it is very important for the club.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here