Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vital we get promoted this season..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, you only have to look at Blackburn to see how right you are.
The level of the Venky's incompetence is quite unique, I don't think we can expect the same from QPR.

There's a lot of ifs and buts with QPR though. Will Redknapp stay for one. Even if he does, there's bound to be quite a few players there with relegation release clauses, so that will mean another turnover of players.
Yes Harry could go, and some players would leave, but I still think they'd have a great squad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The bookies have us 5/1 to go up, so the chances are against it. Losing Cardiff, Hull and Watford but gaining QPR, Reading and Wigan will make next year's Championship stronger than this season, and you have to believe QPR and Reading will be in poll position for the automatic places, and if Martinez doesn't get sacked they'll be play-offs too.

I can Adkins getting the Reading job and more top of the table clashes with the goon next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The level of the Venky's incompetence is quite unique, I don't think we can expect the same from QPR.
Of course we can.

Their manager will walk if they go down and they will be lumbered with some completely unmotivated big earners and clueless owners. Just like Blackburn. Wolves aren't much different.

People need to realise that a massive budget is useless in the wrong hands and if it is being spent on paying Premiership wages for players not good enough for the Premiership.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The bookies have us 5/1 to go up, so the chances are against it. Losing Cardiff, Hull and Watford but gaining QPR, Reading and Wigan will make next year's Championship stronger than this season, and you have to believe QPR and Reading will be in poll position for the automatic places, and if Martinez doesn't get sacked they'll be play-offs too.

I can Adkins getting the Reading job and more top of the table clashes with the goon next season.

Even though they are in the bottom 3, I still don't see Wigan going down. Someone will drop in at the last moment, like Sunderland or Stoke.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Can't say I disagree. I doubt going to get another year where 3 relegated clubs been so hopeless. To be in with a real chance next year will mean a pretty major investment by TB just to stand still.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Of course we can.

Their manager will walk if they go down and they will be lumbered with some completely unmotivated big earners and clueless owners. Just like Blackburn. Wolves aren't much different.

People need to realise that a massive budget is useless in the wrong hands and if it is being spent on paying Premiership wages for players not good enough for the Premiership.
Yes...and Leicester have spent a fair few pennies as well...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I don't. If QPR are coming down, with the players and money they have, that should be one spot gone already. I think the quality this year has been average to decent, but I expect next year to be harder.

Wolves
Blackburn
Bolton
Blackpool
Birmingham

Everyone always bangs on about the clubs coming down being a huge threat and two out of the three ALWAYS have a nightmare. If QPR come down those payments wont scratch the sides of their outgoings and none of their players will fancy it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wolves
Blackburn
Bolton
Blackpool
Birmingham

Everyone always bangs on about the clubs coming down being a huge threat and two out of the three ALWAYS have a nightmare.
And next year, 2 out of 3 might have a nightmare. I just think QPR won't.

I was willing Bolton to go down last season instead of QPR as I didn't expect Bolton to do well. They're not doing that badly though. And Blackpool did ok too after coming down.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Wigan play Aston Villa on the final day of the season at the DW Stadium. Got to be a pretty reasonable chance the loser of that match goes down.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Also re: next season's Championship, I think Leeds could be a different proposition next season. I think their new owners have kept money back so far because they know Warnock's going at the end of the season and/or they don't trust him with their money. Seems like they have a plan of succession (still can see Adkins being in the frame) and whoever it is that does go there is likely to be given significant funds to have a proper tilt at promotion.

adamisgod5

Banned
Feb 21, 2009
Hove
if we dont go up, poyet should resign, not good enough, absolute disgrace if we dont go up this season, and if we dont beat forest this sat? the season ticket i've had for over 42 years is being ripped up. POYET OUT! (if we dont make play offs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here