Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a point against Forest AWAY now?

Would you take a draw against Forest in 2 weeks' time?

• Total voters

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not sure everyone gets the whole 'would you take a point' thing.

Taking a point isn't that you believe we can only draw, or that we are not good enough to win, or that we go there looking for a draw. Taking the point 'now' in advance of the game is not a 'prediction' of the result, it is simply a hypothetical question on whether you'd be happy with that at the end.

Anyone that wouldn't take a point right now has surely been at the funny salt!?

Of course we can go there and win, hopefully we will, and with a positive attitude, but equally, and statistically given our away form we could also lose. A point therefore, in the great scheme of things would be a very fine result indeed. :thumbsup:

Absolutely, given they are one of our (likely) only two challengers and it's at their place our point will have significantly greater value than theirs (reckon we see it as a point gained and they see it as two points lost).

Very happy with a point but, as you say, we need to go there looking for a win

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I'm not sure everyone gets the whole 'would you take a point' thing.

Taking a point isn't that you believe we can only draw, or that we are not good enough to win, or that we go there looking for a draw. Taking the point 'now' in advance of the game is not a 'prediction' of the result, it is simply a hypothetical question on whether you'd be happy with that at the end.

I always took the "would you take a point now" question as meaning "would you accept both teams taking a point instead of playing the game". (ie, you would consider yourself lucky to get even one point when the game is played.)
In that context, I would rather play the game in the hope of 3 points, but would be satisfied if we ended up with a draw. (..and of course would be disappointed with a loss)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All good but Gus might see a draw as another point to the total and nicking 2 off of Forest. In that respect you can see it as 3 points gained!
Correct.

Problem is when we set out with the sole intention of stopping the opposition scoring (protecting a lead) we aren't very good at it.
Er, we're not suggesting that at all. Of course in reality we need to try and win - the question is, hypothetically would you take a point now. A point at the in form Forest, and 2 points off them would be a good result.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Correct.

Er, we're not suggesting that at all. Of course in reality we need to try and win - the question is, hypothetically would you take a point now. A point at the in form Forest, and 2 points off them would be a good result.

No, I know we're not suggesting it but I hope we (Gus) don't go there with the intention of taking a point

Hypothetically would I? Absolutely yes, and I'm sure Gus would too, which may be the dilemma he faces

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, I know we're not suggesting it but I hope we (Gus) don't go there with the intention of taking a point
I don't think he will. He said a few weeks ago that draws have cost us (he'd rather win one and lose one) and the way we've played since then seems to support that.

Hypothetically would I? Absolutely yes
72% agree with you, 28% not.
and I'm sure Gus would too, which may be the dilemma he faces
I don't think he faces a dilemma, because obviously this is just a hypothetical question. He'll play for the win and see what we get.

Over the season there are a few games that I'd have taken a point at: Leicester, Palace, Cardiff and Forest.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This was one of my two fixtures that I predicted a draw for (the other seven being wins) prior to the Palace game.....but I'm willing to be proved wrong....so a win would be a bonus!!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I would take a point,yes deffo. Although i would play all out for the win. Win at home and get one win away and i think that will be enough.Hense throw the kitchen link at them.

Well throw it at their best player perhaps, might do some good for us - that Polish striker who's name i cant spell - throw it at him !!

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
Well throw it at their best player perhaps, might do some good for us - that Polish striker who's name i cant spell - throw it at him !!

Radoslaw Majewski! He's a midfielder. You should have let Kuszczak go with Poland this and got him to slip something into Raddy's food!

Jimmy Grimble

This will be easier to answer after we know Leicester's score on the Friday night.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Done the BBC score predictor for all teams for the rest of the season and have Forest down for a draw with us. Over all the remaining results it came out with us finishing 5th on 77 points.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here