Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet: A Day to Remember

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet labelled Albion’s victory over Crystal Palace as his best day as Seagulls manager, aside from winning promotion from League One, and has called for the fans to cherish today’s impressive 3-0 win over their arch rivals.
It was Albion’s first win over the South London side for eight years and Poyet’s first victory over the Eagles as Albion boss.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Aside from the day that we went up, which was unique, today is the best day by far.
“Because of the way I am I have become a real fan of this football club. As soon as I came here I knew that we needed to beat Palace and this is my first victory against them, so I’m going to enjoy it.
“I feel sorry for the fans that travelled so far over the past couple of weeks for just one point but today is a day for them to enjoy and to remember.
“It was not a very pretty game and we were not passing quite as well. It was a bit easier for the away team because they don’t have the responsibility of winning, but after the first goal we were very good.
“We played with two wingers because there was a plan and a lot of analysis behind that. The players executed our plan very well.
“Because of that win everything has changed with our mentality because we went three games without a win. It will be a very exciting end to the season now.”
Argentinean striker Leonardo Ulloa had another impressive game at the Amex, taking his goal tally to eight goals in 11 games, and Poyet encouraged him to enjoy a rest in Spain, where he will collect his top scorer award, following a 29-goal haul at Almeria last season.
“He goes to Spain tomorrow to collect his trophy for being the top scorer in the Spanish second division last year and I can only imagine where we would be if he had been here from August.
“If there is someone who deserves these two weeks without a game it’s Leonardo. He is very good; he can challenge, he can jump, he can shoot with both feet, he moves very well in the box and he is very difficult to mark.
“He also really cares and you can see that from the way he was on the way back from Barnsley on Tuesday night – he was devastated at missing the penalty so today was a nice way to change his personal feeling.
“He is a different class and he’s paying the price because he’s absolutely dead on his feet after these games.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here