Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon reveals derby wish [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Calderon reveals derby wish[/h]1:00pm Saturday 16th March 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2257715.jpg
Inigo Calderon
Inigo Calderon wants future derbies between Albion and Crystal Palace to be friendlier – so he can bring his son to watch.
Albion’s Spanish defender says the atmosphere between rival supporters back home is less fractious than it will be at The Amex tomorrow for Palace’s visit.
Calderon revealed: “Our derby at Alaves was with Real Sociedad, because they were going for promotion to La Liga and we were fighting against relegation.
“But in Spain derbies are different. Before and after the game it’s a bit better, because fans can be together, eat and drink together, go to the stadium together, so I think that’s better.
“I would like to come here in five years’ time with my son and be able to see a game but I don’t think it’s as safe in England, because there’s going to be more police than fans maybe.
“I’d like it to be a football party, because in the end it’s a game. Of course I want to beat them, 5-0 if possible, but only on the pitch, not with problems off the field.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here