Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet frustrated by loan striker search from Argus paper

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To be fair it was in the evening and I am sure if he has or had selected a target he passes that on and does not actually do the negotiations himself other than the inital enquiry.

And again, Pork Pie, that's a brilliantly simplistic view to Gus being at the Chelsea game. A manager's job when it comes to transfers and loans is often to submit a list of targets to the chief exec or sometimes even the chairmen. Of course Gus will have rung round, but it's the job of someone completely different to try and strike a deal.

This isn't 'football manager'

Don't give pork pie's drivel any credence.

He's an idiot, devoid of forethought.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There must be some serious shortcomings with our own young strikers.

How do you possibly conclude that?

We are in the hunt for the playoffs in the CHAMPIONSHIP. You don't want to have to throw in a youngster THEN do you? Of course you'll explore the loan option first.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
There must be some serious shortcomings with our own young strikers.

The shortcoming of our young strikers is that they're young, they don't have the experience that many would want at this point in the season, including Gus I assume. That's not to say we won't use them, in fact it sounds like Barker wasn't bad on Tuesday, but having experienced strikers is important.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Would rather he gambled with one of the kids from the DS than a muppet like painter or vokes like last year. Gus is right to look for the right player or not at all.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Personally I am reassured that he is not going to bring anyone just for the sake of it. It's a real pain, but we will just have to make do with what we have. Ulloa, Orlandi and Lopez are all in reasonable scoring form, Buckley and Kaz can also chip in with a goal or two, and Toby and barker may well have an opportunity to make a name for themselves. Also there is always Vicente.

There are goals in this squad as it stands, but the team have to step up and give Leo some support.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Clearly that is a dig a players who are currently happy to stay at their club and pick up their wage without the effort of actually playing.
I wonder if it's not the players but the club they're at not letting them go (i.e. want too much money from us) and the player stuck in the middle.

That said, there were quotes as well from Gus about some players wanting to come in and slot in as #1 rather than backup (i.e. sub coming on for 20/30 mins a game) to Ulloa.

This isn't 'football manager'
Exactly, people here seem to think it's so easy (they've done it on FM) and Gus isn't "trying" hard enough. Beggars belief.

Either Barker will get some more game time or midfielders need to start shooting more.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I wonder if it's not the players but the club they're at not letting them go (i.e. want too much money from us) and the player stuck in the middle.

That said, there were quotes as well from Gus about some players wanting to come in and slot in as #1 rather than backup (i.e. sub coming on for 20/30 mins a game) to Ulloa.

Exactly, people here seem to think it's so easy (they've done it on FM) and Gus isn't "trying" hard enough. Beggars belief.

Either Barker will get some more game time or midfielders need to start shooting more.
we need to shoot more and not try and score the perfect goal by walking it in the goal and shoot more

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like we are not prepared to spend the cash required, so have written off this season.

Bad luck that we have 3 of our 4 strikers out, and that we loaned out a 5th to Palace.

May as well get Dickensen back from loan once his 28 days is up and give him some game time.

Mid table it will be, and try again next year in an even stronger league.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Why would a Prem player, maybe an international player, who may just be fringe at the moment, drop a division to sit on the bench and be a fringe player again?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Looks like we are not prepared to spend the cash required, so have written off this season.

Bad luck that we have 3 of our 4 strikers out, and that we loaned out a 5th to Palace.

May as well get Dickensen back from loan once his 28 days is up and give him some game time.

Mid table it will be, and try again next year in an even stronger league.

Who says we are not prepared to spend cash?

Who says we have written of the season?

Oh only you so lets not worry too much then eh, the season is not over yet we are just outside the playoffs with ALL to play for.

Maybe have a re-think get behind the boys and maybe just maybe we will make it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here