Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football rumours

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
22 Jun 2013 13:20:53
Brighton's Liam Bridcutt to Palace for a fee rising to 3 million, all done. Palace then chanced their luck enquiring after Ashley Barnes, were quoted 2.5 million, but have stick a deal for an inital 1.5 million. Deals well be annouced from 1st july onwards

From the bbs

god if that last one goes through therewill be some on here sucking lemons and 3m for Bridders that really is a dream on senario or should that 3 read 8

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Brighton's Liam Bridcutt to Palace for a fee rising to 3 million, all done. Palace then chanced their luck enquiring after Ashley Barnes, were quoted 2.5 million, but have stick a deal for an inital 1.5 million. Deals well be annouced from 1st july onwards

From the bbs

Lol Ashley Barnes 1.5 mil we'd bite your hand off

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing

From the bbs
another crap rumour

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Doesn't make huge sense. Why would we sell Bridcutt and Barnes (allegedly) on the eve of appointing a new manager? Surely the new boss would want to cast his eye over them both. If they are that marketable then even a few days would not make much difference? Plus a new manager might see them as being pivotal in a squad with ambitions for promotion.

I suppose most of the £5m from their sale ought to find its way into the new managers transfer budget (after offsetting any compo to GP) and would come in very handy but it would be very sad to offload two important players. Would we necessarily get 2 better players for that money? I think Bridders in particular is pivotal to maintaining our momentum.

Personally I hope we are more focused on strengthening the squad not weakening it, any spare cash should be saved up for known areas of need ie left back, CB etc.

If OGJ is the new manager I quietly hope he will still be given enough budget to bring in some bargains from abroad, rather than get ripped off in the domestic transfer market.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Doesn't make huge sense. Why would we sell Bridcutt and Barnes (allegedly) on the eve of appointing a new manager? Surely the new boss would want to cast his eye over them both. If they are that marketable then even a few days would not make much difference? Plus a new manager might see them as being pivotal in a squad with ambitions for promotion.

I suppose most of the £5m from their sale ought to find its way into the new managers transfer budget (after offsetting any compo to GP) and would come in very handy but it would be very sad to offload two important players. Would we necessarily get 2 better players for that money? I think Bridders in particular is pivotal to maintaining our momentum.

Personally I hope we are more focused on strengthening the squad not weakening it, any spare cash should be saved up for known areas of need ie left back, CB etc.

If OGJ is the new manager I quietly hope he will still be given enough budget to bring in some bargains from abroad, rather than get ripped off in the domestic transfer market.

I agree.

LB still has 2 years on his contract (I believe) so can't imagine we would sell him for that fee. More likely scenario would be that we say you stay, and if we don't go up next season, you can move on then.

I really cant see that we would get, what, £1.5 / £2m for AB but Hey Ho if that was the going rate then who am I to suggest otherwise !

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not so sure as it would represent good business, buy cheap and sell on at a profit without weakening the squad too much. That is assuming CMS and Hoskins are expected to regain full fitness.

We currently have 13 fit outfield players, no way would we sell any just yet IMO

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Surely one of the attractions of OGJ as a managerial candidate is that he would get us better value in the transfer market abroad?

Sherwood might be a decent candidate and have the benefit of knowledge of the domestic game but this would be offset by inflated transfer fees. an interesting conundrum.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

From the bbs

So what you are saying then is that Palace are building for a future in the Championship the season after next...

albionite

May 20, 2009
This one is the latest -----------

22 Jun 2013 05:56:55
Lot of speculation about Poyet still, let me put it straight, because what's stated below is drivel.

Brighton are currently closing a pretty small financial deal with Poyets representative to have him walk away. The alternative is that he will be sacked and the mess gets dragged through the courts, potentially. The internal club disciplinary against Poyet is now concluded and the club want him gone. They found him guilty of two breaches of contract. He has till Sunday 23rd June to agree to the package or be fired forthwith.

Oscar Garcia Junyent is to be hired as the new Brighton Manager, expected to be Monday June 24th, but can't be completed until Poyets walk away package is finalised one way or the other by Sunday latest.

Expect announcement regarding Poyet by Monday latest, expect announce regarding Oscar Garcia Junyent shortly
Thereafter.

End of!

Source, me, and I will not be telling you how I know.

Well the first part of this rumour has become true, lets see if we get Oscar tomorrow :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here