Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great day for us bar Monty being unable to produce anything

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Too be fair to Monty it isn't exactly a spinners paradise. Instead he held an end going at less than 2 an over in the 1st innings and has taken the only wicket in the second innings going at a run rate of 1.08.

He is bowling pretty flat but I don't think his job is to take the wickets in this test. We are trying to avoid batting again so one bowler needs to stop the other lot scoring.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Too be fair to Monty it isn't exactly a spinners paradise. Instead he held an end going at less than 2 an over in the 1st innings and has taken the only wicket in the second innings going at a run rate of 1.08.

He is bowling pretty flat but I don't think his job is to take the wickets in this test. We are trying to avoid batting again so one bowler needs to stop the other lot scoring.

How come the NZ spinner seemed to do far better then ?

Think this proves we have no real back up for Swann

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You're probabl right. I just think whilst the quicks were taking the wickets at the other end that Cook used Monty to make sure the bowlers stayed on top.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How come the NZ spinner seemed to do far better then ?

Think this proves we have no real back up for Swann

Monty is 20th on the all-time England bowlers' wicket-taking list. He's one of the top 5 most prolific spinners we've ever had. I think we might manage without Swann.

And it's not just about taking wickets. If he can tie up an end at 2 an over Cook can rotate the other 3 at the other end, keep them all fresh.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
153/2 at lunch. Cook hurrying through some overs bowling Trott, Root and Monty. Weather closing in.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The England Barry army trumpet player has just played Sussex by the sea in the last over before lunch. Just going to bed and it got me arouse for the game tomorrow. Come on seagulls

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Another nice bout of GOSBTS just before lunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here