Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet: We Cost Ourselves

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet felt that his side were to blame for their own downfall in South Yorkshire tonight following the 2-1 defeat to Barnsley.
The Seagulls had their chances to salvage something from the game but the Albion boss left Oakwell ruing the nature of the two goals conceded.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Without looking into the game too much, because there was a lot that happened, we gave the game away.
“You can never be 100 per cent sure that Barnsley will not create chances but the only way for them to score tonight was for them to do something spectacular or for us to give something away and we gave them two goals. We cannot do that.
“When you come to nights like this towards the end of the season you need to make sure that you start well and you go on and dominate the game. You cannot give chances to the opposition and you need to score.
“You need to make sure that you give nothing away but today we did almost everything the opposite. We gave two goals away and when we had the chances we didn’t take them. That been the story of the season.”
Leonardo Ulloa saw his late penalty saved by Tykes keeper Luke Steele but the Uruguayan insisted that he should not be blamed.
“Leo had the chance to score his second goal and he was feeling confident. The only player who can miss a penalty is the one who takes it so I won’t blame him.
“I won’t be going home thinking that the penalty cost us a point because we had the chances to win the game, and we had to win the game, but we didn’t do it.
“It does mean that I will have to leave David Lopez on the pitch though even if he’s having a bad game. I cannot change him in case we get a penalty.
“There is no-one to blame but ourselves as a team and it’s been going that way for us for the whole season. We’re costing ourselves.”
Meanwhile, Poyet confirmed that Bruno was substituted with a calf problem while Adam El-Abd will now begin a two-game suspension after receiving his tenth yellow card of the season.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here