Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Considering not renewing season ticket

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I live in london and the cost of going to games is pretty high on top of the social element of beers etc.It's easily £100 a match. Myself and my 4 mates are thinking of not renewing for next year as it all seems too costly these days to go to see your team. My friends and I are big fans so there is no 'JCL' vibes here. Couldn't wait for the AMEX to get built but in a recession it is proving too difficult to maintain going.

Just wondering, is anyone else having the same feelings on this matter? And if so, are the club over estimating their customers/fans uptake for next season?

This is also a stark reality that football has become a monster and needs to be tamed...

I live in London and it costs £6.25 return to Haywards Heath from London Bridge, your season ticket covers you the rest of the way. How the hell are you spending £100? I normally have a pub lunch and probably 6 or 7 beers. The whole day usually costs under £50.

Edit- £6.25 is with a Network Railcard, £25 a year I think.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Renewing without a doubt ... after ten years at Withers why would I stop now?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I live in London and it costs £6.25 return to Haywards Heath from London Bridge, your season ticket covers you the rest of the way. How the hell are you spending £100? I normally have a pub lunch and probably 6 or 7 beers. The whole day usually costs under £50.

Edit- £6.25 is with a Network Railcard, £25 a year I think.

Think it's £28 now. As for the OP, if he's paying out that much, he sounds like a nutter to me.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I am with you on this one, I don't think advice on cheap eating out or rail fares was what the poster was after.
I think he wanted lots of posts saying that they were not renewing.
Not Selhurst, but I agree with your first part. But thanks to that great fount of knowledge that is NSC the OP can keep his ST next season AND it will cost him much less than it did this year; in fact he's one of the few people who'll find the cost of football will go down next year!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Renewing without a second thought.

Really think the OP is on the wind up and his story gets more elaborate/changes each time a suggestion or logical answer is provided.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Renewing without a second thought.

Really think the OP is on the wind up and his story gets more elaborate/changes each time a suggestion or logical answer is provided.

Which, of course, is the right answer. He is attempting to better WW's poor WU thread on the Palace gate and has actually failed...

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
The three of us are renewing without hesitation-although hub (who works Sats so doesn't have a st) isn't happy! I explained that I don't drink or smoke, the footy is my only vice, so for the moment, we'll cope with the extra cost.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Notters, not knocking you, your finances are your concern, and football is overpriced, including the Albion.
However, if the Albion go up this season, will you still not renew?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Unfortunately from June my employers are altering my shift pattern (which I have no say in the matter as my contract says I have to be available to work Mon-Sat 8am - 8pm spanning 40working hours) and I will be working Tuesday to Saturdays inclusive. For the first time in ages I will not be renewing my season ticket as I can't afford to chuck my job in to follow the footy. I was happy enough with the price rise which I thought was reasonable but other than some midweek games which I will still purchase on a match by match basis, I'm gonna miss my Saturday football fix. Hopefully my work pattern may change again next year but I,m feeling pretty pissed off having to miss out next season.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I live in london and the cost of going to games is pretty high on top of the social element of beers etc.It's easily £100 a match. Myself and my 4 mates are thinking of not renewing for next year as it all seems too costly these days to go to see your team. My friends and I are big fans so there is no 'JCL' vibes here. Couldn't wait for the AMEX to get built but in a recession it is proving too difficult to maintain going.

Just wondering, is anyone else having the same feelings on this matter? And if so, are the club over estimating their customers/fans uptake for next season?

This is also a stark reality that football has become a monster and needs to be tamed...

if you pay by direct debit, you have until friday to cancel!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

:fishing: 4 pages in aroung four and a half hours,you are reeling them in :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here